Home
Can a right-hand M700 trigger can be disassembled and then reassembled with the safety on the left side? Anyone know whether it can be done? Or do you have a LH trigger available for sale? Thanks.
Jerry/AK
YEP

But you would be better off shooting a Remington Game Master 760 and just having the safety turned around in the trigger.
Only the BDL Deluxe - has a cheek piece on the Monte Carlo stock that is RH or LH specific.

So, wouldn't it be easier to just buy a Remington model 700 that is left handed to begin with.
it's been years since I've done it, but (at least on the older models) the safety lever and detent ball were held in by a spring clip.

when I replaced them with a timney trigger, you used the existing safety and installed it on the left side.

meaning: IIRC, the trigger housing is ambidextrous but you need a LH safely lever.
Guess I wasn't clear. I bought a M700 LH without a trigger. I have an extra RH trigger. If I can convert the right-hand trigger to left-hand then I'm good to go.
Jerry/AK
Originally Posted by Duquensebeer
YEP

But you would be better off shooting a Remington Game Master 760 and just having the safety turned around in the trigger.
Only the BDL Deluxe - has a cheek piece on the Monte Carlo stock that is RH or LH specific.

So, wouldn't it be easier to just buy a Remington model 700 that is left handed to begin with.

Interesting thought processes at work here...
yes it isn't that hard to do.
Pretty sure you need a LH trigger.
© 24hourcampfire