Home
Anyone know if Devcon 10110 will stick to the older zytel stocks?

thanks in advance.
As long as you remove the mold release from the stock the 10110 will stick. I use 300grit sandpaper and have a done a couple boat paddles with no problems.
Thanks.
Marine-Tex may have a stronger bond, even with mechanical locking. Is this particular stock shooting poorly? For whatever reason, most canoe paddle stocks I've experienced shoot very well, as is, when compared to the current all-weather stock or any of the factory wood stocks. They tend to have a good fit without binding the mag box when torqued.

Best smile
I have three of these stocks, and for some reason, this one binds up, and is hard to get the action into compared to the other two. Was going to relieve some material in a couple spots, then bed.
Originally Posted by GaryVA
Marine-Tex may have a stronger bond, even with mechanical locking. Is this particular stock shooting poorly? For whatever reason, most canoe paddle stocks I've experienced shoot very well, as is, when compared to the current all-weather stock or any of the factory wood stocks. They tend to have a good fit without binding the mag box when torqued.

Best smile

That's been my experience too. Because of this, I have never had to bed one of these stocks. Not saying I would never try it, but when you have a factory rifle shooting less than 1 moa I never felt the need to mess with it. Marine tex would work and I wouldn't overlook JB weld industro with steel reinforcement either. Of coures you could use the devcon 10110 or steel bed and they would also work. Good luck with it.
It is my 338. Just had the barrel wacked down to 22", and thought it was a good time to bed it too.
rough up and degrease the area with brake cleaner, drill little 1/8" holes where appropriate to give anchors for the bedding compound.

If you have come up with a good recoil pad, let me know.
Thanks for the tips. Bought some Marine Tex instead.

PS, the recoil pad doesn't bother me. I just use a stocking cap as a cushion when targeting shooting.
© 24hourcampfire