Home
Posted By: lmartin remington 788 parts - 11/30/11
talked to my brother last night and he told me that he has an older 788 that someone took the sights off of . he would like to find a set of original sights for it unless they are really expensive . so where do i find him a set . thanks
Posted By: WranglerJohn Re: remington 788 parts - 11/30/11
Try http://www.gunpartscorp.com I picked up some 788 parts, but they come and go.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: remington 788 parts - 12/01/11
There are usually some on eBay.
Posted By: labdad Re: remington 788 parts - 12/01/11
Let me see if I have a set in my box of goodies. Should have a set there. If I do I will send you a PM for your address, you can have 'em for free.
Posted By: lmartin Re: remington 788 parts - 12/01/11
thanks for the info guys and for the generous offer from labdad. another quick question,are the remington model 700 or the model 7 sights by any chance the same as what were used on the 788 . thanks again.
Posted By: JimH Re: remington 788 parts - 12/01/11
Not the same as the 7 or 700.If labdad doesn't find them,I have a front sight around somewhere I'll dig up & donate.
Posted By: labdad Re: remington 788 parts - 12/02/11
Sorry, have a couple rear 700's and a butt load of 700 fronts.
Posted By: CAFR Re: remington 788 parts - 12/03/11
I have a couple of complete sets here. PM me and I'll send you one. Tell us about your 788. What Caliber, condition, etc.
Posted By: lmartin Re: remington 788 parts - 12/04/11
Thanks for the kind offer, CAFR.
The 788 is chambered in .22-250 and has a semi bull barrel on it. From the way my brother talks it seems to shoot 50 grainers the best. I would say the gun is probably in about 90% condition.
The story behind the sights going missing is that he wanted to put on a scope with a bigger objective so one day when looking around the local gunshop he found a used scope for sale that had a 50mm objective, long story short the gunshop guy offered to mount the scope and boresight it for him and when it came back the sights were gone. So he called the guy and asked him about the sights he said oh I put them in the gun case with your gun, they were not there so here we are trying to find a set of sights. because he wants to be able to keep the gun original.
© 24hourcampfire