Home
if anyone has a email and or phone number, it would be great
Bill's number is 1 250 529-7720
has anyone had work done by him in the past, and if so was it good?
I think he quit doing gun work; went broke trying to make a living so went back to construction. I believe he did very good work IIRC.
Originally Posted by Jkob
I think he quit doing gun work; went broke trying to make a living so went back to construction. I believe he did very good work IIRC.

That would be news to Bill. I think you are thinking about a gunsmith out of Port Angeles (John Ricks) that moved back to LA.
Bill lives outside Elko, BC and posts on here as "greydog".
Several fellows I know have used him extensively, and are very happy with his work.
Pat
I don't know if he is still doing work, but he is a very good smith. He does live in Canada.
Originally Posted by forslund
has anyone had work done by him in the past, and if so was it good?

Bill built a .375 Ruger on a FN Mauser for me a few years ago. Excellent work done in a very reasonable time frame.
I hope Bill is still 'smithin,...he has a Pre'64 Model 70 action, a Micky Edge handle and a Shilen barrel that belong to me,...I hope to see it as a 280 Ackley before spring..:-)

He's a heck of a good 'smith,..I rebarrel my own 700's but I send M70's to Bill,...he did a 308 Norma for me last year on a Pre'64 M70, very nice rifle and it shoots.
I stand corrected!
Built my custom Sako for me. Excellent work, and excellent results. He turned the barrel from a #7 to a #1 and it still shoots under an inch consistently.

[email protected]
He does excellent work. I have a P-17 sporter than he repaired and rechambered to 308Norma.I know the mess it was before,how he recontoured and shaped, shows the work of great craftsman.He real nice guy,and funny too. I rate him as a friend.
He has done a couple of jobs for me. His work is top shelf, and done in reasonable time.

Ted
I wonder how that works for Americans wanting to send a gun to a Canadian for work?
Not well at all. US border restrictions add too much hassle. Especially when the plate is already overflowing. GD
© 24hourcampfire