Home
I was lucky (some would say foolish) enough to get one of the very few (3?) Savage Euro 9.3x62s that for some reason stayed in the USA. Savage did only the stock in blaze orange camo that European hunters like. After receiving the usual troll abuse about buying such a POS, I decided, what the heck, let's finish the job Savage started. (the trolls never learned ungulates are essentially color blind).

Shopping around the net, I found a kit from www.mydipit.com that was a close match to the factory camo.

The kit even comes with a step by step DVD, all for 99 bucks. Took the gun down, cleaned it all with acetone, followed the instructions and the base color is on. The next two steps are to apply the film overlay (in water) and them put on the bulletproof matte clear topcoat. Even did the scope, rings and base. (did not use an expensive scope as this was a first try). Now 24 hours for undercoat to harden and then move along.

First pic is gun as made by Savage, second is my outdoor upstairs back porch "spray booth" (LOL) that works fine here at the end of US 1.

Probably won't lean it against a tree and not be able to find it !

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

More to follow !
Be careful, to bring a gun into California with Orange on it is a Felony - Stupid is California's first name, believe me I know. Looks like a cool gun though.
It sure will be one of a kind !!!!!!!

Ken
Can you bring it to San Diego please Larry.
Can't get the dip it link to work.
Don
My error, it is:

www.mydipkit.com

Why would anyone want to go to Kalifornia with ANY gun ? (unless you were an ironmonger from the rust belt on a dope run).

Now troll, get back in your cave and stop pirating the thread

POS? I think it's one of Savage's FINER contibutions to the firearms world.
You have no idea what an Ironworker is Larry and the work would kill your [bleep] ass. Not from the rust belt either you idiot.

I'll do whatever the heck I want to do here because unlike you I've never been asked to leave. You have no respect for private property, Rick Bin's, or anyone else. Proven time and again.

I'm inclined to think you're some kind of closet liberal bragging to me how you and your homosexual friends in the Keys enjoy going to the theater. You told me this yourself while in your Oldman1942 persona.

You are a despicable human being with no honor and less morals.
We have had great success with these pro-grade dip kits - www.camodipkit.com - same idea, just better materials....
Originally Posted by nsaqam
You have no idea what an Ironworker is Larry and the work would kill your [bleep] ass. Not from the rust belt either you idiot.

I'll do whatever the heck I want to do here because unlike you I've never been asked to leave. You have no respect for private property, Rick Bin's, or anyone else. Proven time and again.

I'm inclined to think you're some kind of closet liberal bragging to me how you and your homosexual friends in the Keys enjoy going to the theater. You told me this yourself while in your Oldman1942 persona.

Another guy who can't read.

He didn't say Ironworker. He said Ironmonger, which has many meanings. Please read carefully before responding as you did.

Rust belt may refer to a specific physical area, or conceptualy to an area that lost a large number of manufacturing or "blue collar" jobs. There is no doubt that the iron range of Minnesota could be refered to in that matter, and Hermantown and Duluth as well.
Originally Posted by 22WRF

Another guy who can't read.

He didn't say Ironworker. He said Ironmonger, which has many meanings. Please read carefully before responding as you did.

Another guy who can [bleep] off.

And don't ever try to tell me what to do you smarmy scumbag.

I know he said Ironmonger you douche. It may have many meanings but none of them means The International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental, and Reinforcing Iron Workers.

Please read carefully before responding as you did!
I will tell you what to do as much as I desire for as long as you use your potty mouth.

So, what you should do is go back outside and play for awhile before your called in for supper.
I will tell you what to do as much as I desire for as long as you use your potty mouth.

So, what you should do is go back outside and play for awhile before your called in for supper.

What an idiot! laugh laugh laugh

And you're a barrister? eek
Thank you for showing everyone how to act on the internet.

Now go back outside and plan like a nice little boy.
Careful 22WRF, not only is he a thread pirating troll, living in the rust belt but he also can be very nasty when crossed and will soon accuse you of being me.

Anyway BACK TO THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD.

The paint cured fine and yesterday was dipping day. As a newbie at it, I made some errors that needed to be redone, but there was enough film to make it all nice with a fair amount left over.

Needs to cure for 24 and then I can apply the matte clearcoat.

Couldn't lose this one even in the rust belt smog !

[Linked Image]
Interthem.

I love it. I have to admit that I can't even remember the number of times I have laid a rifle down in the woods for one reason or another and all of a sudden couldn't find it right away. That rifle sure would cure the problem!!!!!!
Thank you for showing everyone how to act on the internet.

Now go back outside and plan like a nice little boy.

Thanks for showing everybody your grasp of the English language.

Look up the Definition of Ironmonger.

Oh Larry I know 22WRF isn't you, he's a whole different troll who's been banned from internet sites just like you.

Birds of a feather they say.

His reputation, such as it is, proceeds him. blush
must be kind of cold up there in Hermantown tonight and nsaqam's brain froze.
It will be unique laugh
To freeze a brain, requires having one.

I'm sure the ironmonger can produce a list of the 100s of sites WRF has been banned from to add to his growing pile of BS.

He just doesn't get it, that his old control of the site, by getting people banned, is as dead as the frozen air between his ears.

Technology marches on but the rust belt is still in the 19th century. Can you imagine Mercedes Benz producing a POS like the Volt AND robbing the taxpayers to do it ?

There's a reason Apple is not in Hermantown and is now the most valuable enterprise in the USA. (full disclosure, I own 6 Apple products and a whole bunch of stock). I doubt any ironmongers are employed there ! People with GEDs need not apply.

Matte Clearcoat done (it's soo nice to be able to work outside in 80 degree sunshine). Needs a couple of days to cure up and then back together and will post pics. Wonder if the "troll in chief" will say I stole them off the Internet ? He's set up ole curlytop to lose $10K with his serial lies...........

Best free entertainment since watching another serial liar....Obama

btt
btt
How is that going to take the heat and solvents, any idea?
Don
Thanks for showing everybody your grasp of the English language.

Then:

His reputation, such as it is, proceeds him. blush

It's always fun when somebody starts calling somebody else out on spelling and grammar, then blows it in the very same reply. laugh
Don it is the same process used by the gun and scope companies to dip their guns & scopes. With everything either synthetic or under several layers of ploymer 2 part paint there wont be much use for solvents or oil anyway.

Nice thing about Wyoming.... guns don't need much care.
interthem:

What kind of paint is used for the base coat? Will it wear on the feedrails?
Dog Catcher, love your avatar, looks like we may soon be able to "address" the "big dog" (Wolf) issue in WY. (100s are already killed, but it's a shame to waste the beautiful pelts)

It's a 2 part paint, kinda reminds me of Awlgrip (a boat paint) except matte. I doubt anything will survive on feed rails, especially on the Savage where the bolt (as the rest of the metal) is like WW One parkerizing on an original 1903 Springfield of that era.
The bolt is also hardly fitted like say a Schultz & Larsen (greased kitty litter). It's a "working rifle" not a showpiece. I own showpieces but when it's snowing like Hxxx and I want to throw something in the saddle scabbard and go find a bedded Elk in the black timber, I'm sure this will do the job.
Should be ready for reassembly tomorrow.

Did the paint come in the kit, or is it something you bought?

thanks.

PS, savages are pretty crude in their finish, but they do shoot.
Came in kit: camodipkit.com

As promised her she all orange. The metal is a bit darker than the stock as it is their MC2 blaze orange where as the stock (done by savage) is realtree blaze (thinner overcoat) and the kit is trutree blaze with a denser overcoat.

In any case, will be hard to lose, and bound to be a fine "anything in NA" rifle.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

103 days and counting!
102 days and counting.
For what???
Your suicide?
Only if we were lottery lucky! But Larry probably wouldn't know which personality to kill and they are, as a whole, so noxious some are likely to survive to be perpetuated by some of his 50 or so "friends".

Jeff
He, he, he, you wait and see. How quickly they forget bets made and accepted.
Wonder if the "process engineer" has too ?

And Jeffie, we're over 80 now.

Too bad the "day of the trolls" is over.

Larry...

[Linked Image]
Or try this..

[Linked Image]
Larry,

If you're as much of a douche bag in person as you come across here, you'd surely have to pay someone, someone who is really desperate, to be your "friend". If you weren't so narcissistic, I might find pity in my heart for you, but you are and I can't.

Jeff
Jeffie why don't you pack up your 1985 F 150 and come out for a visit to WY this summer ? It's a lot nicer than sweating your balls off in corn-land. You can meet me and all my friends and draw conclusions based on facts rather than acting like a lemming with no mind of his own. Get Tommie Browne to come with you as gas will be expensive and you can share expenses and your single bed at Motel 6.

Your "pity" is about as needed as your opinion on any subject.
Are you talking ? Nobody is listening.
Larry is the quintessential Florida Keys Liberal.

Only a liberal would not respect another man's private property even when specifically asked to leave by the owner.

Yep, Larry is a narcissistic liberal with a pathological need to make his rantings heard.

You are the largest POS this site has ever seen.

Even Maser and Lee24 have more honor than you Larry.

What a pathetic little life you live.
Larry,

I don't own an F-150.

If I'm going to drive to the mountains, I prefer a shorter drive to Breckenridge and/or Vail, CO, rather than make the longer drive to Jackson and/or Pinedale, WY, via Rock Springs.

I don't know anybody named "Tommie Browne". The only "Tommie Browne" that I know of died in 1967, Gaetano "Tommy 3-Fingers Brown" Lucchese, godfather of the Lucchese Cosa Nostra crime family in NYC.

I don't think that I've ever stayed in a Motel 6, but I seem to recall that humorist Tom Bodett used to say that they'd leave the light on for me.

A person who is as widely loathed by his peers as you are is surely in need of pity, even if you are too ignorant of your own failing as to deserve it.

Jeff
Jeff, you are hardly my "peer", anytime you wish to post your resume', military service records, job history and anything else that you believe makes you my "peer" I'll be watching.

The "widely loathed" you refer to consists of 10 or so regular trolls who loath anyone they cannot BS or bully into shutting up or going away. 10 of 30,000 is a rounding error.

Breckenridge and/or Vail, CO, home of yuppie scum, ski bums and other left wing loony toonies, you'ld be right at home. You forgot Santa Cruz and Berkely from your dream site list.
If that's your crowd, you would be smart to avoid Pinedale. When you ordered a Brandy Alexander at the Cowboy Bar, you might get picked on just a bit by the cowhands, drillers and others who actually work for a living.

Your other buddy keeps ranting about "honor" and so on. Since dueling has been generally outlawed, he is safe doing so. I can guess how Andy Jackson would have handled a serial insulter like him !

Recently I received a PM from a long time member who believes you are all a bunch of 17 year old brats using Mommy's iPad while she is at the PTA meeting. Interesting surmise, certainly no proof to the contrary.

Sorry you don't know Tommie Brown as he is one of your regular troll buddies. Would you like a photo of his house in Indiana ?

Adios Jeffie, go play with your X Box.

Larry,

I'm not going to compare resumes with you on the internet, since there is no way to confirm any outrageous claim that you are sure to make.

If you're such a great guy, respected by all who know you, why has Rick banned you from this site multiple times?

Why is it that you speak as though you honor the rule of law, but you continue to trespass on this site, Rick's property, even after you've been told to leave by the owner?

Whoever PM'd you about me being 17 is obviously clueless and I would encourage him/her to PM me if he/she would like me to expand on that point.

Since this the internet, virtual reality, I claim no buddies, trolls or otherwise, but can with all sincerity say that there are probably 2 score people who, given the opportunity, I would like to share a real campfire with. You, of course, are not amongst that group. Rather, you are a member of that small group upon whose teeth I would not piss if they were on fire.

Jeff
It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Ol'Dingleberry's 'real life' friends gave up on him long ago, forcing him to take his braggadocio to the internet where he can invent as many 'virtual' friends as he likes. I truly pity him more than dislike him (and I dislike him a lot).

Wait for it, wait for it... the venomous Rootboy will be along soon with yet another piercing attack!
Jeffie, I knew you would would wimp out. Any claims can be easily verified but you just keep hiding under your desk.

Too bad you can only find 24 (?) people who would sit down with you. Our annual picnic draws several 100. Maybe you need to work on your manners.

Interesting that you regularly focus of mouth and penis interaction. I really don't care about what you or your tiny band of trolls think of me or any of us.

Bottom line is you and the trolls no longer run the site and that is just twisting your shorts in such a knot you couldn't pizz on anyone's teeth.

Bye, bye you cute little boy.

Originally Posted by interthem
Jeffie, I regularly focus of mouth and penis interaction.

Bye, bye you cute little boy.

now that's just plain gay.
Larry,

I'm sure that your pretend sycophants will be disappointed to see that you're no Einstein. If you were, you'd know that a "score" is 20, not 12. Regardless of the count, 24 or 40, you are still not 1 of them, despite your claims being a friend to others. Just as leopards don't change their spots, douche bag MOFOs like you are, and will always be, nothing more than [bleep] stirrers.

Jeff
Bottom line is you and the trolls no longer run the site

No you POS, most folks here realize that Rick Bin runs the site as he should because he OWNS it.

You come here like the Florida Keys Liberal that you are and you feel entitled to be here despite the OWNER of the site requesting you leave numerous times.
That is how Liberals like yourself operate.
Just take take take because I'm entitled and to hell with anyone elses private property.

This post by Larry just about takes the cake.

10-4, Cameraland is our only Optics vendor as we believe is supporting site sponsors !

You believe in supporting site sponsors yet you neglect to follow the express wishes of the owner to leave and stay away.

You, Larry, are a tool and a dipshiit of the highest order.
Came in kit: camodipkit.com

As promised her she all orange. The metal is a bit darker than the stock as it is their MC2 blaze orange where as the stock (done by savage) is realtree blaze (thinner overcoat) and the kit is trutree blaze with a denser overcoat.

Actually the metal is a bit darker because you didn't know, or more likely didn't bother to follow directions, and base coat it white with automotive primer before applying the hydrocoat...
© 24hourcampfire