Home
Posted By: LASSIE CASE STUCK IN DIE - 03/11/12
I HAVE A LEE FULL LENGTH DIE IN 6.5 REM MAG.
ABOUT 1/4 INCH OF THE CASE HEAD PULLED OFF AND THE REST OF THE CASE IS STUCK IN THE DIE.
I TRIED TO DRIVE IT OUT FROM THE TOP OF DIE WITH THE RIGHT SIZE PUNCH IT DIDN'T WORK.
TRIED TO TWIST IT WITH A SCREW DRIVER THAT FIT TIGHT IN THE CASE DIDN'T WORK.
ANY SUGESTIONS AS TO HOW TO REMOVE IT?
MAYBE LEE CAN GET IT OUT FOR ME?
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: CASE STUCK IN DIE - 03/11/12
how to remove a stuck case
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: CASE STUCK IN DIE - 03/11/12
AND TURN YOUR CAP KEY OFF.
Posted By: bea175 Re: CASE STUCK IN DIE - 03/11/12
find a drill bit that will fit tight inside the case body and use a drill on slow speed and it will spin the die case in the die and it will slip out on its own. Just take your time and be careful not to scratch the inside of the die. You can also us a tap and thread the inside of the case and pull it out.
Posted By: LASSIE Re: CASE STUCK IN DIE - 03/12/12
I got it out I polished the inside of case with sand paper then I used cerrosafe filled it up and drove it out with a punch no trouble at all.
Posted By: hawkins Re: CASE STUCK IN DIE - 03/12/12
Next time use Imperial Die Wax.
Posted By: LASSIE Re: CASE STUCK IN DIE - 03/12/12
just ordered some.
thank you.
Posted By: shootem Re: CASE STUCK IN DIE - 03/14/12
Go to this link and buy the product. I have one. It works. It's cheap. It solves your problem.

Click It /BUY IT
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: CASE STUCK IN DIE - 03/14/12
If I understand the OP correctly, the head separated from the case. Without a head, there's nothing to drill and tap, so a traditional stuck case remover would not have worked.
Posted By: smithrjd Re: CASE STUCK IN DIE - 03/14/12
This is a hard one. Normal stuck dies soulutions will not work. Lee is pretty good at customer service, might be worth a try.
Posted By: Craigster Re: CASE STUCK IN DIE - 03/14/12
Swallow your pride, bite the bullet, send the die with the stuck case to the mfg. Problem solved, lesson learned. Hopefully.
Posted By: smithrjd Re: CASE STUCK IN DIE - 03/14/12
Sandpaper on a die is not a good idea. Any marks ridges etc and you are asking for another one.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: CASE STUCK IN DIE - 03/14/12
I think he already got it out, and sanded the case, not the die.

Originally Posted by LASSIE
I got it out I polished the inside of case with sand paper then I used cerrosafe filled it up and drove it out with a punch no trouble at all.
Posted By: Hubert Re: CASE STUCK IN DIE - 03/14/12
Learn how to lube the cases properly and you will never have this problem.
Posted By: shootem Re: CASE STUCK IN DIE - 03/14/12
I thought he meant he pulled off part of the rim and head leaving the largest portion behind. My bad. But for your basic stuck case the little $10 gadget is great.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: CASE STUCK IN DIE - 03/19/12
I have stuck separated cases before. I plug the neck. add epoxy and then punch out from the top when cured. Cerosafe would be faster!
© 24hourcampfire