Home
This might be reaching, but I've got to ask. does anyone happen to know if the Mark X action and the CZ 550 action as similar enough that the CZ stock could be used with a Mark X? I'm taking the next step in my long term project to build a 9.3x62 on my Mark X. I've got some specs worked out, but the stock is still up in the air. I like the CZ hogs back stock, but don't want to pay the big bucks for a full on custom. My intent is to keep the overall cost of the build at $1000+/-.

Anyone happen to have both?

how about center to center measurements on the CZ trigger guard?

I may end up with a Macmillan, but want to put it in wood if I can find an easy solution.
They are not as close as you think. You would have an easier time getting something from Richards Microfit, Great American Gunstocks, boyds, etc...

Being that it is a Mark X, you may be able to get something closer than the typical large ring mauser inlet that can require a fair amount of fitting.
anything for a remington 798 will work
A Mauser 98 will not fit a CZ 550 stock. The actions have a fairly different dimensions and the action screw hole spacing is different as well.
Thanks for the info. I looke din to the 798 stock. I found a nice walnut one for a magnum for a good price, but my flooplate has the release in the trigger guard and the stock was inletted for the cross bolt type and it'd just be ugly.

I know Macmillan will inlet for the Mark X,l so maybe I'm just back to that.
or why not look for a MKX stock out there and then customize and then duplicate?
My MkX has a old Fajen stock on it. I like the slim forend, but not the grip cap. Ideally, I'd like a stock in the style of the older Oberndorf stocks on custom mausers, but just know little of how to source a custom, fromt who and what kind of cost I'm facing.
Even though many around here like to refer to the CZ550 as a Mauser action, it really isn't. With a big enough hammer anything can be made to fit, but that one would be hard.
I googled "oberndorf mauser stock pattern" and got a couple hits. Some G&H hits as well. I just want to build the rifle as a classic African "plains" rifle. My own little ideas are banded front sight from NECG, I'm thinking a Williams or Lyman peep receiver sight since the action is already tapped (and a little becuase hemingway liked his receiver sight) and a cartridge trap too. That's mainly why it needs to be in wood. Those details would seem weird in a MCM.

Thanks for the answers on the CZ stock. Now I can get that out of my head.
I have an original Mark-X magnum stock available, it has been glassed however. Email me if you are interested.

[email protected]
Not a big fan of Gun Parts Corp but this looked interesting-

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=1049700B&catid=10886
© 24hourcampfire