Home
For those of you familiar with these rifles:
I acquired an old 52B in excellent shape but missing it's bolt.
I've been looking for one for about a year, with no luck. I bought a new Browning/Win 52 bolt kit from MGW, but it does not fit the 52B.
Can this newer bolt be converted? I don't know if anyone has done this before and what it would entail. My gunsmith is willing to modify the bolt by milling a groove in it to get by the safety. Is this a good plan? He has never done that operation before. Any Sources of bolt info?
Any advice or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Not only does the bolt body need to be modified, but also you must have the correct firing pin and bolt handle. I have modified the C bolt body to work in a B, but it is a major ordeal to do correctly. It requires some very fine TIG welding to the heat treated body, and there is the innevitable warpage that results, which must be dealt with. My advice is to find the correct bolt assembly.
steve
Thank you for the advice. "B" bolts seem to be extremely rare.
Keep your eye on gunbroker. They pop up once in awhile-but they are very expensive...

Bob
Expect to pay $200-250 for a replacement B bolt. Sounds expensive until you start buying B components to put one together.
Just make sure it is for a B. The earlier bolts and later bolts will not interchange.
Steve
PM sent regarding 52B bolt I am willing to sell. Check your messages.
Thanks!
I still need a Winchester 52 "B" bolt, if anyone has a lead, I would appreciate it.
thanks!
© 24hourcampfire