Home
Posted By: pdcrig IT&D custom experiences??? - 05/15/13
I'm thinking about having them do some work and wonder what experiences you guys have had with them. Bad, good, ugly? Any info is welcomed. Thanks.
Posted By: noKnees Re: IT&D custom experiences??? - 05/15/13
I have had 5 done by IDT and one in progress. Every one shoots to my expectations, I have two rifles with cut rifle barrels installed by smiths of a decent reputation and one Hart and the IDT smithed Douglases shoot just as well. To be fair none of my rifles is bench gun so if your goal is too shoot .2MOA then my experience doesn't apply.

My only wish for ITD is that he had reamers that cut the throats in a seperate step so I could get custom throating. Perhaps Dave has some reamers that do so but he hasn't had them in the two cases I have asked.

As for me I am very likely to go back to ITD for my next barrels.

+1 for Dave and IT&D.

Reasonable prices, good turnaround, nice folks to work with and top craftsmanship.

I'll use them again, for sure.

DF
Good.
Posted By: MIVHNTR Re: IT&D custom experiences??? - 05/16/13
I had a rifle rebarreled by ITD a while back. Excellent workmanship, quick turnaround and an accurate barrel.
I'd do business with them again without hesitation.
Just had an 1899 Krag sporter re barreled by IT&D. Could not be happier.
Getting ready to send them a 1903.
Highly recommend!
Great man and great customer service!
Posted By: Ray63 Re: IT&D custom experiences??? - 05/16/13
yup !!
Posted By: olblue Re: IT&D custom experiences??? - 05/16/13
I've had 3 Mauser's rebarreled and trued by Dave, and getting ready to send him another 1936 Mexican as I write this. Always fair and good about talking to you and good turn around all and all grat service and good work. --- Mel
Posted By: pdcrig Re: IT&D custom experiences??? - 05/16/13
That's all great to hear. Thanks for all the input. I only wish they'd post pictures of their work on the site. Looks like I might be giving them a call.
Originally Posted by pdcrig
That's all great to hear. Thanks for all the input. I only wish they'd post pictures of their work on the site. Looks like I might be giving them a call.

No, they don't have a flashy web site.

But, their prices are reasonable. If they were high profile and flashy, prices would reflect all that overhead.

I'd vote to keep everything just like it is... smile

DF
Posted By: Karnis Re: IT&D custom experiences??? - 05/16/13
Sssshhhhhhhhhhhh.......ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......ssshhhhhhhh (ala Archie Bunker).
Originally Posted by Karnis
Sssshhhhhhhhhhhh.......ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......ssshhhhhhhh (ala Archie Bunker).

laugh laugh
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: IT&D custom experiences??? - 05/17/13
dave is an awesome guy. just a dude working for himself out of his walk-in basement workshop. i stopped by and dropped off a rifle and he was great to talk with, took time to show me things and ask what i wanted.
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
dave is an awesome guy. just a dude working for himself out of his walk-in basement workshop. i stopped by and dropped off a rifle and he was great to talk with, took time to show me things and ask what i wanted.

Low overhead, low prices, quality guy, quality work.

DF
Lets stop this now don,t want to ruin a good thing. Nothing to see move on now.
Lets stop this now don,t want to ruin a good thing. Nothing to see move on now.
Posted By: Karnis Re: IT&D custom experiences??? - 05/18/13
Rick needs to delete the thread.
been waiting for a 7-08 to come back for about a month now. not in any major hurry.
He has a good turn around time, does good work and doesn't charge an arm and a leg.
Posted By: sbrmike Re: IT&D custom experiences??? - 05/24/13
Dave does great work at a great price.
Originally Posted by Karnis
Rick needs to delete the thread.

Couldn't happen soon enough...
is 2 months and waiting typical with Dave/Buddy?
Posted By: deflave Re: IT&D custom experiences??? - 05/28/13
Originally Posted by armedferret

Sure as [bleep] is now.

Travis
That explains why I haven't heard from him yet...
I've had him do two. I found 1/2" loads for both of them without too much trouble.
Originally Posted by deflave

Sure as [bleep] is now.

Travis

All depends on barrel availability I think...
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Originally Posted by deflave

Sure as [bleep] is now.

Travis

All depends on barrel availability I think...

no issues there as a blank was sent with the donor to be profiled and installed. shot him an email late last week; gonna give a ring tuesday if i haven't heard by then.
got a reply. apparently the included paper in the box was lost somehow, and they don't keep emails (?) so they were waiting for me to contact them to let them know what needed to be done. :\

oh well. all squared away now, hopefully won't be a whole lot longer.
© 24hourcampfire