Home
I bought a used stock that was represented to me to be a McMillan stock. When I got it, there was not a single identifying mark on it. It had a pachmyer (sp) recoil pad. That was the only identifiable indication of any sort. I had someone look at it who told me he thought it was a Brown Precision. I asked how he could tell. He said he's seen them before. In thinking about this, I believe I've seen several B&C and HS Precision stocks that I actually had to take people's words on whether they were B&C or HS Precision. I'm scratching my head.

Back to my original question; for those like myself, how can I tell if it is a McMillan or a Brown? I want to be more knowledgeable in my future searches/purchases. Thanks in advance.
Posting pictures would certainly help.

Aside from that, is the stock checkered? Owned several Brown's and High-Tech Specialties, and don't believe either was ever available with checkering. B&Cs can be hand checkered, and uncheckered. B&C's and H-S stock seem rather bulky, even 'squarish' in the wrist. Every McM I've owned or own is checkered. Never owned a WinLite (Win M70, stocked by McM), but they were uncheckered.

Bottom line, lots of variable to consider, and pictures would give a greater insight into what you have.
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Posting pictures would certainly help.

Aside from that, is the stock checkered? Owned several Brown's and High-Tech Specialties, and don't believe either was ever available with checkering. B&Cs can be hand checkered, and uncheckered. B&C's and H-S stock seem rather bulky, even 'squarish' in the wrist. Every McM I've owned or own is checkered. Never owned a WinLite (Win M70, stocked by McM), but they were uncheckered.

Bottom line, lots of variable to consider, and pictures would give a greater insight into what you have.

+1 a visual is the main way to identify.

As for labels on the stock - not many do anything to identify that way.
Here are what I have. If you need more, let me know.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Looks like a browns to me
I'm gonna say High Tech Specialties or Brown. Don't ask me why, but I'm leaning a little more toward the High Tech.
© 24hourcampfire