Home
Posted By: rg475 .375 Weatherby - 03/11/17
can anyone give me some information about re-chambering an Interarms mark V .375 H&H to a .375 Weatherby? I was wanting to know who would do a nice job at a reasonable price Thanks
Posted By: las Re: .375 Weatherby - 03/22/17
Will the Interarms action length be sufficient for the WBY? I don't know, but I seem to recall WBY had to have longer actions built for his calibers - at least the later big-boomer ones. I think he did start out using "standard" length long actions. This just off the top of my head.

Personally, I don't like Wby- either their guns or their calibers, and would stick with the H&H.

But that's just me - whatever floats your cork is your fishing.

edit- Just did a little research. Your action length should be OK- I was thinking the difference between 375 and 378 WBY. Carry on!
Posted By: agazain Re: .375 Weatherby - 03/23/17
Ream it. (Mine's a ZKK 602 Brno that started as an H&H before I bought it as a .375 Wby) RIP at AR is the affficianado and will point out there's two differing specs on the chamber. Use max H&H loading data as a starting point / "minimum" for the Wby chambering -- work up from there.
Posted By: Tejano Re: .375 Weatherby - 03/23/17
I would use the shorter freebore spec not the original one. Just long enough so you could use factory loads if you ever run across these they are almost non existent.

Usually the barrel doe's not need to be set back but a good idea if the original chamber is on the maximum side of the specs.
Posted By: xzqvvh Re: .375 Weatherby - 03/30/17
You might check with Score High Gun Smithing in Albuquerque, NM. He has a reamer, I was talking to Charlie last year about re-chambering my CZ 550 in 375 H&H. He has done some nice work for me.
Posted By: avagadro Re: .375 Weatherby - 03/30/17
Originally Posted by las
Will the Interarms action length be sufficient for the WBY? ...

.375 WBY = .375 H&H AI (with dbl radius shoulder).
Posted By: McCray Re: .375 Weatherby - 03/30/17
Just to clarify a bit...the original 1944, or whatever freebore or throat spec was .750"! In about 1990 or so it was shortened to .375-ish" which while still allowing the factory ammo, it also helped accuracy. Manson will grind a reamer with the new spec, while the last time I checked, Clymer and PTG still stuck to the older.

When it comes to the 375 Weatherby, a 300 grain bullet, over a caseful of H4350 shoved out of the "new" throat is a beautiful thing! Especially if the gun is built relatively light weight as opposed to the usual field artillery weight most 375 H&Hs are.
© 24hourcampfire