Home
Hi there.

I recently got a Tikka T3 Super Varmint in 243 and it seems as if the ejector is scratching the case heads. This happens even if the round is not fired.

Is this common on plunger type ejectors? Should the ejector be polished to rectify the problem?

Here is a picture of the case head with a scratch caused by the ejector.

[Linked Image]

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
I'd clean and lube the bolt to see if that makes a difference.
If not, then polish the tip of the ejector.
It shouldn't be pushing that hard on the brass.
Originally Posted by m77
Hi there.

I recently got a Tikka T3 Super Varmint in 243 and it seems as if the ejector is scratching the case heads. This happens even if the round is not fired.

Is this common on plunger type ejectors? Should the ejector be polished to rectify the problem?

Here is a picture of the case head with a scratch caused by the ejector.

[Linked Image]

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Remove the plunger and clean out the brass shaving it probably has which keeps it from going in without mangling your brass. Common cause for getting the shaving in there is running it hot.
Do what Sitka Deer told you, plus look at the plunger hole itself and make sure there is not a burr on the edge. Also, your plunger should push down below flush of the bolt face.
Thanks for the help guys. I cleaned the bolt and polished the ejector head and it improved slightly. It still leaves a small shiny streak on the case head. It does seem like this rilfe was put together on a friday afternoon with leftover parts before introducing the t3x.
Originally Posted by m77
Thanks for the help guys. I cleaned the bolt and polished the ejector head and it improved slightly. It still leaves a small shiny streak on the case head. It does seem like this rilfe was put together on a friday afternoon with leftover parts before introducing the t3x.

Until you disassemble the ejector and clean the hole your problem will continue... drifting out the pin is easy, just remember it is spring loaded, so point it into a container so you can find it if it gets away from you. The previous owner likely ran it pretty hot and caused the problem in the first place.
© 24hourcampfire