Home
Gents:

I have a stock that I want to paint a medium gray color and apply black and sliver webbing over top of it.

Looking at the Brownells site, it looks like my 2 best choices will be the light gray (stainless steel - like) color or the medium parkerizing gray.

Their color swatches are terrible and I can't really tell which will look better. The medium park gray looks like it might be a good choice but my concern is that it might be a shade too dark.

Anyone have direct experience with these colors or a pic they could share?

Thanks!

Bob
Yes...i actually did a whole rifle with those two. All metal work was done in the light gray and the stock was done in the medium gray. I will see if I can find a pic and post it up.

Of the two, I would suggest the medium gray for what you want to do.
I misspoke about the darker gray I used. I actually used the dark parkerizing gray. I went looking for pics of the rifle I did but was only able to find one picture...and the thread that I detailed the project in has been bitten by the photobucket tantrum.

So, here's my project, metal work coated in their stainless gray and the stock coated in dark park gray:

[Linked Image]

Here is the thread I made detailing some of my steps if it helps you at all:

Coated my Barreled Action....
Thank you War Eagle! That is very helpful and I think you are correct. I will go with Medium gray!
© 24hourcampfire