Home
Posted By: Judman Stock makers??.... - 07/17/18
Here’s what I got, I have a SS synthetic tc thunderhawk. Long story short the stock is garbage. So I need someone to dupe me a replacement, more than likely a laminated blank will be used, nothing fancy, just a decent replacement, no checkering needed. Any recommendations? Thanks
Posted By: coyote268 Re: Stock makers??.... - 07/17/18
Boyds
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Stock makers??.... - 07/17/18
Originally Posted by coyote268
Boyds

What he said
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Stock makers??.... - 07/17/18
If you find a local guy to dupe the stock, I'd be interested to hear about him.

Over in Yak is Dressels. They do fancy walnut stocks but also offer a duplicating service. Might be pretty easy to glue up your own blank?
Posted By: Judman Re: Stock makers??.... - 07/17/18
Copy. Ya we’ve got Osborne and sons out Onalaska, had him do some stock work on my blr 358, wasn’t impressed....

I’ll call Boyd’s tomorrow
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Stock makers??.... - 07/18/18
Sometimes you can fill those plastic stock butts with insulation foam in a can you buy at Home Depot.That dampens out that hollow sound quite a bit.

If there is channel under the barrel you can lay part of a carbon filament arrow in the and fill around it with Brownells Accruglass jell.I have mixed the straight Accuglass with poly beads and filled that channel .I think the arrow gives a stiffer foreend though
Posted By: milespatton Re: Stock makers??.... - 07/18/18
If you use that foam in the stock, get the low expanding kind. Go slow, by putting it in as far as you can and let it expand a little before adding more. You can cause bulges, but if you go slow it will be all right. I do all of my tupperwear stocks that way. miles
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Stock makers??.... - 07/18/18
Originally Posted by milespatton
If you use that foam in the stock, get the low expanding kind. Go slow, by putting it in as far as you can and let it expand a little before adding more. You can cause bulges, but if you go slow it will be all right. I do all of my tupperwear stocks that way. miles

Exactly.Figure anyone would know that, but maybe not
Posted By: Judman Re: Stock makers??.... - 07/18/18
The front action screw broke out, the material is real brittle, spider webbed a pretty fair amount of material. Just gonna gun a new stock
Posted By: Tejano Re: Stock makers??.... - 07/25/18
Try TC or Numrich, maybe a take off could be found if Boyds doesn't make them..
Posted By: ChrisF Re: Stock makers??.... - 07/28/18
FYI, there's a walnut thunderhawk stock on ebay right now. nice looking wood. Bid is at $64. Good luck.
Posted By: Judman Re: Stock makers??.... - 07/28/18
Originally Posted by ChrisF
FYI, there's a walnut thunderhawk stock on ebay right now. nice looking wood. Bid is at $64. Good luck.

Excellent find!! Thank you I'm on it!
Posted By: Judman Re: Stock makers??.... - 07/31/18
Got er headed my way, $80... thanks for the hookup Chris.
Posted By: ChrisF Re: Stock makers??.... - 08/04/18
Fantastic!
Maker her shoot good!
Chris.
Posted By: Gun_Doc Re: Stock makers??.... - 08/04/18
That worked out well! Karma points to ChrisF!
Posted By: Judman Re: Stock makers??.... - 08/04/18
Yes he does, thanks again Chris!
© 24hourcampfire