Home
We picked up the Mark II for a song, it needed a rebluing, so I cleaned it up for him

The before and after pics

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and blog posts showing what we did

https://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/2018/10/ruger-mark-ii-for-dad-part-1.html

https://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/2018/10/ruger-mark-ii-for-dad-part-2.html
Nicely done!
Nicely done, I like the subdued look of the blue.
That looks really good.
Really good job! Neat old guns, wish I still had my mk ii taper barrel
really have enjoyed my ss tapered barrel mark ii. bought it well used, and it continues to purr right along.
Nicely done indeed.
Sure as the devil looks like a Mark I standard.The red eagle was made black after Sturm died. The Mark II had the bolt stay open after the last shot. The red eagle should be on the left side on the first Mark I pistols. The Mark I was made for 33 years. From 1950. Sturm died in 1951. Why does that pistol show an eagle on the right grip?
i made some kind of trigger change on mine, but can't remember what it did. well, made it easier to shoot. it has basic sights, but not adjustable. will kill at quite a distance.

might have been from volquartsen. had to add a bunch of factory, and off brand magazines. ya never know when an extra magazine might come in handy.
Nice. Given it's a gift to someone well worthy I believe I have a set of new factory walnut checkered grips (Mark I) with the "black eagle" that I would be happy to send you, if desired. I bought a pile of them years ago from Numrich to extract the black eagle for some custom pieces I had. PM me if interested and I will go take a peak at what I have.
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
Sure as the devil looks like a Mark I standard.The red eagle was made black after Sturm died. The Mark II had the bolt stay open after the last shot. The red eagle should be on the left side on the first Mark I pistols. The Mark I was made for 33 years. From 1950. Sturm died in 1951. Why does that pistol show an eagle on the right grip?

If you go to the linked blogs you can read all about the changed grips and see close-ups of the Mark II markings...
© 24hourcampfire