Home
Posted By: Hudge Mcarbo Ruger 77 Trigger Spring - 10/28/18
Has anyone used the Mcarbo Trigger Spring Kit for a Ruger 77? I am thinking about putting one in the .338 Hawkeye the wife bought be recently. His youtube video says it will fit the Hawkeye, so I think I may give it a try. Just wanting some opinions by those that may have used them before.

https://www.mcarbo.com/ruger-77/22-ruger-77/17-ruger-77/44-ruger-77/357-accessories.aspx
I'd check out the wolff springs.
Originally Posted by prose
I'd check out the wolff springs.

Thanks prose, I'll give Wolff springs a look as well. I haven't owned a Ruger in 13 years, so I am just getting back in the Ruger game and wanting a little better trigger pull than they usually offer.
I also used the Wolff kit. In addition, I trimmed 1 coil off the trigger return spring and polished the engagement surfaces very lightly. Made for a very serviceable trigger that settled right at 3#. Best of luck with the project.
Originally Posted by FishDr
I also used the Wolff kit. In addition, I trimmed 1 coil off the trigger return spring and polished the engagement surfaces very lightly. Made for a very serviceable trigger that settled right at 3#. Best of luck with the project.

Does Wolff make them for the Hawkeye? I am only seeing 77 MKII and other "non-hawkeye" ones on the website.
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by FishDr

Does Wolff make them for the Hawkeye? I am only seeing 77 MKII and other "non-hawkeye" ones on the website.

Hawkeye trigger is a little different not sure if it is a "spring" different.

I looked at Ernie the gunsmiths site and there is no difference in spring. I know the Hawkeye trigger is easier to pull then the MK II

Ernie the gunsmith
+1 for Ernie
Originally Posted by spud06
+1 for Ernie

I went with an Ernie spring for my Hawkeye. I will be home in 3 weeks, so I plan on installing it then. I did end up buying an Mcarbo spring for my Remington 742 trigger though.
My Hawkeye had a 4.5 lb. pull. Put in an Ernie's and it went to 2.5 which is just right for me.
© 24hourcampfire