Home
Posted By: Remington725 Tool identification help? - 11/14/18
Gents,

I have some tools that I need help identifying -- what they are, what they're used for.

There are a couple of LE Wilson case trimmers, and a LE Wilson 30-06 die, but what about the other stuff?

Thanks the help.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
The piece top row center looks like an in line seating die.
Posted By: blanket Re: Tool identification help? - 11/15/18
a Vickers straight line seating die and a scope drilling jig , barrel vise bushings, maybe a couple of Lyman shell sizers and a bunch of crap
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Tool identification help? - 11/15/18
Vickerman straight line seating die. Looks to be .22 caliber. Used to seat bullets in any case long enough to fit the whole way up into it. Very accurate seaters. I use them religiously. When setting up to load for a new cartridge all you need is a sizing die, a definite cost cutting arrangement.
The two on the bottom are case length trimming "lathes" and reamers are also available for them also to true the neck IDs. Yes, I had a few Vickermans back in the day, but found a few folks that needed them more than I.
Upper right looks like a machinist jackscrew. Young bill
I was wondering about that one in particular. Also the black one in the middle of the pics.
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
The two on the bottom are case length trimming "lathes" and reamers are also available for them also to true the neck IDs. Yes, I had a few Vickermans back in the day, but found a few folks that needed them more than I.

And i was the one that got those Vickerman seaters from you. I now have almost every caliber covered with them. Wynn was a close family friend... even spoke at my father's funeral.
Been awhile and I forgot where they went. I'm very happy that they are in your position.
I don't believe that is a machinist jack. The black tool could be an ancient bullet pulling tool.
Any ideas about the parts at the bottom - the matching halves stamped "E", "M", and "SPD"
Shims for a barrel vise?
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Tool identification help? - 11/19/18
There are broaching kits with parts like that.
They make the keyway slot in pulley shims.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire