Home
Posted By: spud06 Savage Ignorant - 12/07/18
Looking for some ideas. I'm not very familiar with Savages, but I know they have a reputation for accuracy. I recently acquired a LH stock from a Savage 10 FCP-SR .308. It has an aluminum bed in it. I guess I have a couple of choices. I can sell it or I can build a rifle. The later seems more fun. I'm a lefty so that part works. What would be the least expensive route to go to get an accurate rifle? Stevens action, Savage? I need some good COAs. Thanks
Posted By: spud06 Re: Savage Ignorant - 12/07/18
I figured out the stock is the AccuStock...
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Savage Ignorant - 12/07/18
long or short action
Posted By: butchlambert1 Re: Savage Ignorant - 12/07/18
All it takes for me is to find some ammo and then realize I need a rifle for it.
Posted By: spud06 Re: Savage Ignorant - 12/07/18
gemby58...It is a short action. butch...I'm guilty of that in a way. Found a good deal on 270gr .375 RN seconds on Midway. Now I have "more than one" 375 Ruger, my goto elk and mule deer cartridge. Does wonders on coyotes too. Not using those 270s for hunting though, just practice.

From my research so far, I don't think just any Model 10 will work with that stock. Has something to do with the recoil lug or something. Seems these Savages have many different wrinkles.
© 24hourcampfire