Home
Posted By: 47stalker Brno ZG47 mount options?? - 01/18/19
Gents

Which options do I have Re - base/rings on a Brno ZG47. I will be using a Swarovski Z6 1.7-10x42 scope(30mm). Do Warne Maxima do a ring or just Talley & that Alaskan business?
Is the Brno ZKK, CZ550 & Brno ZG47 the same size & design bridges hence they can except the same base?

Thanks advance smile
Posted By: haverluk Re: Brno ZG47 mount options?? - 01/18/19
Yes, the ZG, ZKK and 550 all use the same. Warne does also make them. I have Warne, Talley and Alaska Arms. The Alaska Arms are my personal favorite.

Or you could skip the hassle and sell the ZG to me😁
Posted By: 5shot Re: Brno ZG47 mount options?? - 01/18/19
Haverluk beat me to it, but it would be easier to send the ZG 47 my way.

I'd get the mounts from Alaska Arms. I have them on 2 rifles, and they are excellent.
Much appreciated gents.

ahaha you wish wink
Which is the best book on the market today in Re - to the M98/ZG47 info ...plus other Brno data?
Posted By: Northman Re: Brno ZG47 mount options?? - 01/21/19
Be careful with the heights on the rings!

Its likely the ZG-47 bolt handle will hit the eyepiece , meaning you will either need higher rings or machine part of the bolt handle off.

0.51" rings will maybe clear a 1.8" eye piece
0.41" rings will clear a 1.6" eye piece..
0.31" rings will clear a 1.4" eye piece.. I
I also suggest the Alaska Arms rings, I have them on my ZG-47. The medium height 1" rings work well for most scopes without the bolt handle hitting the ocular. They give good clearance for a 40mm objective. The folks at Alaska Arms seem to be aware that the bolt handle configuration on most Brno's requires at least medium height rings to clear the ocular of the scope, they recommend that only medium height rings or higher should be used with unaltered rifles.

These are excellent rings in every respect and I much prefer them to Talley or Warne rings (I think that Talleys are also great, but Alaska Arms are even better in my opinion).
Posted By: Northman Re: Brno ZG47 mount options?? - 01/23/19
You can try the Leupold 2.5x20 in the Low rings.. My preferred set up.
Thanks gents

I ended up buying medium & high Warnes smile
© 24hourcampfire