Home
Posted By: rusty75 870 wingmaster/express combo - 04/18/19
I have a 1966 870 wingmaster with express barrel. It is my turkey gun. I would like a non glare finish on receiver and barrel that matches. Thinking matte blue. Is that best choice to keep it from looking cheap like an express.

Found Bose’s gun shop who offers the service.

Is this a good choice of finish?
I'd hit it with a rattle can.
I would, but it was my dads 1st gun he bought at 15. I want to make it look nice, but not spend much.
Camo tape - easy and temporary
Funny, my used 1100 special purpose (factory parkerized) had stains, so I Gunkoted the receiver matte black.
The barrel is a Remington "Steel shot" remchoke bbl and is polished blue.
Is one of my turkey guns.
Being a newer Remington LOL.........the polished blue bbl..........aint all that polished.
If not wanting a permanent change to the metal finish, I'd do like another has suggested.........spray can.
If you want it a little more durable, matte clear over it (does add some sheen to flat paint though-but not bad).
I’m trying to make a permanent change that will match receiver and barrel. The receiver is original blue but worn to “gray rat”. The barrel is standard rough express finish. Trying to find a permanent metal solution that can be applied to receiver and barrel that looks good and has little glare.
© 24hourcampfire