Home
Posted By: gordie Which trigger for Rem. 700 ? - 06/16/19
Trigger Tech Primary vs. Timney ... is one "better " than the other ?
it looks like the trig. tech is adjustable w/o pulling the action from the stock,
after installation, of course.
any reason NOT to go w/ the flat style .

thanks for your input.
Trigger Tech is the way to go, in my opinion. Can adjust the trigger without taking the barrel action out of the stock. Adjustment has clocks you can feel while adjusting. One click is approximately one ounce! Customer Service will sell Trigger Tech with medium width or narrow trigger too!!!
TT from here on out for me as well. Euro optic has them 20% off today...pretty good deal.
Originally Posted by gordie
Trigger Tech Primary vs. Timney ... is one "better " than the other ?
it looks like the trig. tech is adjustable w/o pulling the action from the stock,
after installation, of course.
any reason NOT to go w/ the flat style .

thanks for your input.

Having had both on a Remington and with a Christensen Arms Mesa with one , I would choose the trigger tech.
Bix’ N Andy Tac Sport (mine is a 2 Stage), I like my Trigger Tech a lot, But it’s not in the same league as my Bix

The Bix’ N Andy is fully adjustable from the underside without pulling the Stock, Even the Length of pull is Adjustable, along with the 2nd Stage, AWESOME Triggers!
Several TT here with no issues. Both AR and Rem 700. Work well.
Thanks all... TT inbound.
I'm sure it will improve the ole .270... grin
I have used and still use Shilen triggers on my Remington hunting rifles.
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
I have used and still use Shilen triggers on my Remington hunting rifles.

Me to. Hasbeen
You will love the TT. I just installed my 6th one and they are fantastic.
I have used and still use Shilen triggers on my Remington hunting rifles. Ditto. IMHO the best trigger made for a 700!
I have used Shilen, Timney, Rifle Basix, Canjar, Jewell, and Trigger Tech in my rifles. The Trigger Tech is in my Bergara B-14 Hunter, a Remington 700 clone.

Which trigger I would choose depends upon the application. In a varmint rifle, probably a Jewell. I have an old Canjar single-set (no longer made) in my Remington 700 6BR and another in my Sako Vixen 222. I used a Jewell in a 250 A.I. which was primarily used for varminting. For a big game rifle I would be happy with a Rifle Basix or a Timney. I splurged on the Bergara with a Trigger Tech. I was intrigued by the design.

The Jewell came with several different pull weight springs. Others can be ordered with your desired weight of pull. Customer service with both Rifle Basix and Timney was excellent.
I’ve put a twoTimney’s on a couple of stainless CDL’s and like them a lot. I replaced them ‘cause I didn’t like that stupid little screw in the middle of the trigger which I saw as a weak spot just waiting to cause it to break off.
I build one or two Rem 700 rifles per year. I always put Timney triggers on them. I have a clone in the works with a Jewel, but I can find nothing wrong with the Timney for hunting.
Until recently, I was a big Timney fan. That said, I'll be migrating to Trigger Techs as funds become available. Look for a handful of Timney's to be available in the classifieds in the future. smile
Trigger Tech
GreggH
If you get the Trigger Tech get the special, not the primary. In my experience they don't go quite as low in pull weight as they're advertised.
Posted By: 163bc Re: Which trigger for Rem. 700 ? - 06/24/19
I’ve been using Timney for probably 25-30 years. Great triggers
Timneys for Remington 700s are on sale now. I forget whether it's at Midway or Timney. Check both if you are in the market. Regarding what Crow hunter said above, the Trigger Tech on my Bergara B-14 won't go as low as it will on a Remington because Bergara uses a stronger mainspring in their bolts.
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I build one or two Rem 700 rifles per year. I always put Timney triggers on them. I have a clone in the works with a Jewel, but I can find nothing wrong with the Timney for hunting.

🤦🏻‍♂️
The TT is hard to beat. It's about all I use anymore, with the exception of Bix 'N Andy.
I have two Timneys, two Trigger Techs, one Jewell, one Win Model 70 open trigger. First, they all work just fine. I had a Rem 700 old style trigger adjusted by a well known gunsmith and I didn’t like that trigger at all. I know some like those Walker triggers.

Yes the TT is adjustable without taking the rifle out of the stock.

The TT feels more “positive” than other triggers. At the same pull weight it seems easier to trip the Timney than the TT. In reality no, just my perception.

If you gave me a rifle with a trigger set above 2 lbs and it had a Timney or a TT I wouldn’t replace either one. If I were buying one now I would probably get a TT but I reserve the right to change my mind again next week. Really, they are both good.

Below 2 lbs the Jewell has no peer.
Agreeing with Kingston and Freddy. TT triggers are my new normal for anything new or change outs....Jewel and Timney still reside in many of my rigs with no plans to change,,,at the moment. 😎
Thanks for all the replies...

Kingston... tell me about "Bix 'N Andy ?
Originally Posted by gordie
Thanks for all the replies...

Kingston... tell me about "Bix 'N Andy ?

Ain't nothing but money. It is ok for a 1 1/2oz BR trigger, but a waste of money on a hunting rifle.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Which trigger for Rem. 700 ? - 07/03/19
I have Timney triggers in all of my Remington 700's. If I buy another one though, I'm testing out a Trigger Tech in it.
I have TT special in my 30-28 Nosler set at about 1.5 I love it. Use to run timneys for after market but not anymore TT all the way.

One Timney, one Triggertech. Both are good triggers, but I probably favor the Triggertech due to ease of adjustment.
© 24hourcampfire