Home
Posted By: rookieatbest Browning X-Bolt Trigger - 07/31/19
I have a Browning X-Bolt rifle that shoots very well but the trigger could use some lighting up. Any suggestions on getting it down from the current 4 1/2 lbs.? I know 4 1/2 isn't terrible but I sure would prefer it closer to 3 or so.
rookie
Posted By: Cloudrnnr Re: Browning X-Bolt Trigger - 08/03/19
Rookie, I tried the McCarbo spring first, hoping I could get the factory trigger where I wanted it. Lighter, but still not the right feel. Switched to the Timney--which causes you to lose the function locking bolt and bolt release button, but it worlds better in pull weight and break! Be advised that some of the stocks may interfere with the safety bar when switching to the Timney and need very slight relieving.
Posted By: russm86 Re: Browning X-Bolt Trigger - 08/12/19
Get the MCarbo spring and trim them shorter if you still want/need lighter. FYI, my trigger was brutal, don't think I could get below 5 or 5.5lbs. Upon installing the MCarbo springs I still couldn't get a reasonable pull or anywhere near what MCarbo advertised and it was really inconsistent up to 1lb or more difference from one trigger pull to the next. I flushed the trigger assembly out with a good aerosol cleaner/lube and compressed air and A LOT of grey/black crud/grime/filings/shavings came out of it. Browning must have dragged that trigger across the shop floor after finishing all their machining that day. After the flush/clean out, it was perfect, every trigger pull was the same and think I finished up right around 2.75lbs.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Browning X-Bolt Trigger - 08/13/19
I didn't think of cleaning my trigger on a new rifle. It shoots 3/4 MOA but the trigger sucks. I think I will give it a good flush with lighter fluid.

Mine has the McMillan stock in 6.5 CM. The day I sighted it in I was shooting steel at 550 yards.
© 24hourcampfire