Home
Posted By: stevevan1 350 Legend chambering - 09/10/19
I'm wanting to have a barrel install on a rem700 SA. Wanting the barrel to be chambered in 350 Legend. Anyone know of a 'smith who is doing this? Thanks
Posted By: okie Re: 350 Legend chambering - 09/10/19
You planning on reloading for this or shooting factory ammo?
Posted By: Dinny Re: 350 Legend chambering - 09/10/19
JES will rebore a .223 to 350 legend for $250.

Thanks, Dinny
Posted By: stevevan1 Re: 350 Legend chambering - 09/10/19
I'm a reloader
Posted By: Cowboybart Re: 350 Legend chambering - 09/13/19
If you reload, I would spec a .358 14" twist barrel
Posted By: mike7mm08 Re: 350 Legend chambering - 09/13/19
No hands on experience. But have read a couple different accounts of chambering issues with loading .358 diameter bullets in the 350 legend. Some say they just won't chamber other accounts have the round as being a crush fit upon bolt lockup causing excessive pressure. Easiest any safest route seems to be resizing .358 rifle bullets. Sized to .356 and you are good to go. Seems the way to go opens up a wide selection of bullets, chamber stays in spec still allowing factory ammo use.

Winchester really screwed this up. Could of been perfect if they would of based it on a .223 case and used .358 bullets. They for whatever reasons had tweak things just enough to make it undesirable to the handloader market.

I was all excited when this was announced. I am a 35 caliber nut. Have a very larger horde of bullets. Got countless 223 cases as well. Figured a set of dies and I would be all set for an AR with a little extra thump that I could shoot cheaper than even the cheapest 223. Having the buy the brass and the extra step of resizing the bullets killed that idea.

Here is some "official" info on loading the 350 legend. Have read other online forum accounts that are along the same lines.

350 Legend
© 24hourcampfire