Home
Posted By: mark shubert CZ 527 failure to eject - 10/15/19
What is the probable cause?
If I run it slowly - it may eject. NOT on a quick follow-up, though.
I took it apart and hosed out the action with acetone, thinking it was "gunked up" - but not much better.
Spring go kaput? I hope not, as these rifles have a WIERD ejector spring! smile
Posted By: Quak Re: CZ 527 failure to eject - 10/15/19
Just start or has it always done it?
Quite a while now, I just thought it was dirty.
What does it actually do? Does the case come free of the bolt and end up on top of the magazine? Is there a scope / bridge on the rifle?
bolt draws the case back - but doesn't eject.
If I go slowly, sometimes it ejects - but I've missed a few follow-up shots, as running it fast never works.
I presume the case is free of the bolt (ie extractor) and sitting in the action. It could be hitting the scope maybe and bouncing back into the action
Or short stroking the bolt?
Posted By: 5thShock Re: CZ 527 failure to eject - 10/17/19
Do make sure the rounds aren't coming off the extractor before they should. Then suspect a lazy ejector. Work it with a finger or a chopstick. Does it move freely? Give it a squirt of something thin and creepy and cycle it.

Numrich shows a regular coil spring for the ejector...

Numrich parts
Posted By: Hunterapp Re: CZ 527 failure to eject - 10/18/19
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Or short stroking the bolt?

If it has worked in the past, I feel this is your most likely issue here. To test get f fair deal more aggressive working the bolt making sure to retract the bolt all the way. If that does not clear up your issue then the most likely issue was not it. Next I would remove the bolt from the action. With the bolt removed snap a fired case in the bolt face to get a visual on how the extractor is working. If nothing has jump out at you by this point I am not sure where I would look next at this point. Wish you well.
How about a picture? Either the ejector is there or it ain’t, or broken.
© 24hourcampfire