Home
Can anyone tell me where to purchase Remington BDL style magazine follower springs that have more strength/tension?
I remember reading on a post here awhile back that sometimes feeding problems can be fixed with a stronger spring.
I have a couple of original ones that don't seem to have what it takes to reliably feed rounds and want to replace them and see if that cures the issue.
Appreciate any suggestions/sources.
rookie
I don't know. I never had a problem with bolt action springs. The worst Rem springs were the 870 and 1100 magazine springs that took a set so the guns were taken to a warranty gunsmith to have the guy fool with the shell stop and other action parts when it was just the spring. I bought wolff springs by the dozens to replace them.
You can remove the springs and stretch them.
I'm sure I read somewhere that BDL type magazine follower springs had been replaced with a stronger one to alleviate feeding issues. Maybe was on a different site.
rookie
The largest problems with springs is most gun makers buy springs and do not wind their own. Of course, cost of even a penny apiece can cost a lot over time so they get bids for the best price. My pain springs are Ruger Mark magazine springs most. Just 5 rounds left in one will fail to feed over time. I remove and stretch them.
Some say using a spring does damage but not so. Keeping them compressed is far worse.
Take it apart and place an appropriately sized spring. I snagged one for a loose latch on a model70 300 wby magnum from an AR lower spring
Pretty sure the OP is talking about a "W" shaped "leaf" spring for a Rem 700, not a coil spring as some have suggested.
© 24hourcampfire