Home
Posted By: Jkob Who sent it??? - 11/14/19
Got another one last week, barreled action and no info, nothing to indicate who sent. I t was shipped through a UPS store so no shipper info. No smart ass answers please, just let me know what I am to do with it
Posted By: WTF Re: Who sent it??? - 11/15/19
Have you hit AR with the same question ?
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Who sent it??? - 11/15/19
that happen to me years ago, like 26 years in fact, came home and there was a rifle case standing against the shop door with a note saying it needed bedded, no name, no phone number. it was a winchester per 64 in 220 swift with a 2" Unertl programmable scope, never bedded it as I didn't know you left it, still have it, no one ever came back to claim it.
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Who sent it??? - 11/15/19
I sent it, I sent it. Please send it back.
Posted By: WTF Re: Who sent it??? - 11/15/19
Which one, jkob's or gemby's ?
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Who sent it??? - 11/15/19
Both. grin
Posted By: Redneck Re: Who sent it??? - 11/15/19
Originally Posted by Jkob
Got another one last week, barreled action and no info, nothing to indicate who sent. I t was shipped through a UPS store so no shipper info. No smart ass answers please, just let me know what I am to do with it
Might have to call that UPS store and find out who paid for the shipment... IF they'll give it to you - but with the address label there's a tracking # that they can refer back to..
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Who sent it??? - 11/15/19
Since you are an FFL maybe the ATF would help, am guessing the first transfer from the manufacturer is computerized. You'd be on your own from there if it's not reported stolen. Long shot but the only thing that comes to mind. Personally I'd sit on it until the owner/shipper inquires.

A lawyer would tell you that it's a bailment and you have to hold it for so long before you can consider it abandoned. How long and what happens next depends on your state laws.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Who sent it??? - 11/17/19
It's mine sent info to his e-mail, [email protected] and it must not have been seen.

Sent a PM just a minute ago too!!

Mike
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Who sent it??? - 11/17/19
Whew! THAT would suck for both parties. Glad the sender was found.
Posted By: Darryle Re: Who sent it??? - 11/17/19
Originally Posted by gemby58
that happen to me years ago, like 26 years in fact, came home and there was a rifle case standing against the shop door with a note saying it needed bedded, no name, no phone number. it was a winchester per 64 in 220 swift with a 2" Unertl programmable scope, never bedded it as I didn't know you left it, still have it, no one ever came back to claim it.

This one makes me curious, wonder whatever happened to the person who dropped it off?
© 24hourcampfire