Home
Posted By: chris57 Colt Woodsman - 11/18/19
I bought a Colt Woodsman 1928 vintage that had the leg broken off of the safety lever. I found a replacement and installed it but now the gun won't shoot. The disconnect rod is slipping under the sear and not tripping it. If I put a screwdriver under the the disconnector and keep an upward pressure on it and pull the trigger it fires. Nothing looks bent or overly worn. Any ideas?
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: Colt Woodsman - 11/18/19
Without consulting a book or internet reference, is there a spring UNDER the disconnector applying up ward pressure?
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Colt Woodsman - 11/18/19
Correct part for such an early gun? Three iterations of the Woodsman over its lifetime, with subtle differences in many parts.
Posted By: chris57 Re: Colt Woodsman - 11/18/19
I haven't pulled the disconnector/trigger bar out yet but I believe there is a spring under it, if I push down on the disconnector it pops back up.
Posted By: chris57 Re: Colt Woodsman - 11/18/19
I double checked safety lever and it's identical and I also tried putting the old one back in but had the same results.
Posted By: model70man Re: Colt Woodsman - 11/18/19
Originally Posted by chris57
I bought a Colt Woodsman 1928 vintage that had the leg broken off of the safety lever. I found a replacement and installed it but now the gun won't shoot. The disconnect rod is slipping under the sear and not tripping it. If I put a screwdriver under the the disconnector and keep an upward pressure on it and pull the trigger it fires. Nothing looks bent or overly worn. Any ideas?

I don't know if this will be of help but Bob Rayburn has some good information on Woodsmans here:https://www.colt22.com, I hope this will help you. My first attempt ended up in a basket case I shamefully took to my gunsmith over 50 years ago. They are great pistols.
© 24hourcampfire