Home
Posted By: gordie Kroil goes bad ? - 01/18/20
my Kroil seems to have "separated"... does kroil go bad ?

i tried mixing & shaking but it doesn't look like i remember it.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Kroil goes bad ? - 01/18/20
Moisture in it maybe?
Posted By: Darryle Re: Kroil goes bad ? - 01/18/20
Moisture, but no it doesn't go bad, I have several small dropper bottles that have had Kroil in them for years with no change of color or function.

This isn't one of the Kroil blends is it, like Sili-Kroil?
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Kroil goes bad ? - 01/18/20

I can’t see in the can it came with.. but have not seen any change in mine and it’s years old.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Kroil goes bad ? - 01/18/20
Left the little cap off my can for a couple months of hot weather...the solvents or aromatics (whatever) evaporated leaving a brown oil like dirty hydraulic oil. Pretty much useless.
Posted By: gordie Re: Kroil goes bad ? - 01/18/20
"brown oil like dirty hyd. oil"... thats what mine looks like, on the "bottom". still clear and very aromatic, on the top.
used the clear part anyway, & after an overnight soak got my Blackhawk rear sight blade moving. may replace it. thanks
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Kroil goes bad ? - 01/18/20
keep it in the metal cans it lasts forever. some reason when you transfer to plastics it does the brown on bottom thing
Posted By: Tejano Re: Kroil goes bad ? - 01/19/20
Run it through a paper coffee filter and then add some acetone or other solvent even mineral spirits would work and not evaporate as quickly as acetone.

If you still think it is suspect then just dump the clear part in Ed's Red or Shooters Choice (these I know are compatible others might not be) and get new Kroil.
Posted By: pullit Re: Kroil goes bad ? - 01/22/20
I have had a gallon can for over 25 years and it is still good
Posted By: reivertom Re: Kroil goes bad ? - 01/24/20
Originally Posted by gemby58
keep it in the metal cans it lasts forever. some reason when you transfer to plastics it does the brown on bottom thing

The only can I bought leaked out from the bottom seam. I put it in a plastic bag and it leaked out of the plastic. It made a huge mess on my bench. I started buying the spray.
© 24hourcampfire