Home
Posted By: slammer Browning X-Bolt Rebarrel - 02/21/20
Is rebarreling a new X-Bolt harder than say a Remington 700? I ask because I've read X-Bolt barrels are really hard to remove. If that is the case, is it just the older X-Bolts or the newer ones too? Also how true do their actions run?

Any gunsmith recommendations that do good work on X-Bolts? Thanks.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Browning X-Bolt Rebarrel - 02/21/20
Browning has long been known to use threadlocker on their barrels, Abolts and Xbolts. Couple that with the very fine thread pitch they use and it can be a recipe for disaster, think stripping the reciever threads when removing the barrel. For this reason lots of guys won’t touch them. I did a couple years ago but tried not to make a habit of it.
Posted By: Kp321 Re: Browning X-Bolt Rebarrel - 02/21/20
Unfortunately you can add Winchester M-70 to that list. They are using the fine threads and thread locker that their parent, Browning does.
Posted By: Darryle Re: Browning X-Bolt Rebarrel - 02/21/20
Their is a local outfit that has had great success rebarreling X-Bolt rifles, Alamo Precision Rifles. I had them bed a X-bolt for me and the work was exception

I am going to have them rebarrel one for me since they are so close to home. Their rifles are well regarded for accuracy, fit and finish.

Alamo Precision Rifles
© 24hourcampfire