Home
Posted By: garCH new barrel cost? - 03/08/20
I have Beretta Mato in 270 that i really like but the barrel got corroded, had a smith work on it but decided I'd really like a new barrel installed. Roughly how much should I expect to pay, barrel + installation?
GarCH
Posted By: TenX Re: new barrel cost? - 03/08/20
Recently bought a Kreiger barrel for $330, gunsmith installed it and chambered it for $300. So $630 total.
Phil
Posted By: boliep Re: new barrel cost? - 03/08/20

TenX has given you a good basic cost to work from.
Posted By: garCH Re: new barrel cost? - 03/09/20
thanka
Posted By: dale06 Re: new barrel cost? - 03/09/20
Just had a Shilen installed, $600, included bluing it
Posted By: Bugger Re: new barrel cost? - 03/10/20
You could look at ER Shaw. They could do all you are asking. I have had troubles with a couple of their barrels in the late 70's and early 80's. But their barrels seem to be very good lately. I have not used their gunsmithing services, but believe they could do that well too.
Posted By: garCH Re: new barrel cost? - 03/10/20
Thanks all
Posted By: 257Bob Re: new barrel cost? - 03/10/20
My last project, a 30-06 with a Douglas stainless barrel, was $350 for the barrel and $375 for the install.
Posted By: TX35W Re: new barrel cost? - 03/15/20
This is standard pricing. It's about $100 higher in my area to get someone who is popular (and busy).

ER shaw barrels might be fine but the contours tend to be very heavy.
Posted By: Redneck Re: new barrel cost? - 03/16/20
Originally Posted by 257Bob
........... and $375 for the install.
Yipe! Dang - mebbe I need to raise my prices... laugh laugh
Posted By: Clemson Re: new barrel cost? - 03/16/20
Depends on the action. If I'm cutting a coned breech with an extractor cut and making square threads, I'm durn sure gonna charge $375 -- maybe more depending on circumstances.

Bill Jacobs
Posted By: Redneck Re: new barrel cost? - 03/16/20
I just finished installing a SS barrel on a M70 CRF action... Includes the extractor cut.. $225. But I don't do square threads, because I limit my service to M70s mostly... With occasional M700s and Ruger 77s...

FWIW...
Posted By: Coyotejunki Re: new barrel cost? - 03/16/20
You could look at ER Shaw. They could do all you are asking. I have had troubles with a couple of their barrels in the late 70's and early 80's.

I got burned pretty bad by them that I swore to never use them again.
Posted By: BeardedGunsmith Re: new barrel cost? - 03/18/20
I'm around 500 out the door, done.
Posted By: Jkob Re: new barrel cost? - 03/18/20
Labor runs between $215 (Mauser) to $235 (Remington) to $245 for Model 70 and springfield.
Posted By: z1r Re: new barrel cost? - 03/18/20
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki
You could look at ER Shaw. They could do all you are asking. I have had troubles with a couple of their barrels in the late 70's and early 80's.

You could look, but then run!
Posted By: Jkob Re: new barrel cost? - 03/18/20
Originally Posted by z1r
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki

You could look, but then run!

Absolutely!
Posted By: z1r Re: new barrel cost? - 03/19/20
unlike some other smiths, JKob test fires what he barrels. Keep that in mind when you put your face behind the bolt of the rifle you just had rebarreled.
© 24hourcampfire