Home
Posted By: TWBryan Poor Trigger on Shield 2.0 - 05/07/20
My shield's trigger break requires enough force that it shifts the front sight for me. Is there a way I can fix this without sending it back to S&W or buying an expensive trigger kit? Appreciate any advice on the matter.

Thanks For Looking
They do come with the worst trigger I have seen...
Plenty of trigger kits available, but not really need. Very easy to work on and stone/polish a descent trigger. Plenty of YOUTUBE videos if you feel comfortable, if not any descent gunsmith should be capable. Remember it's not made for target shooting.
Local S&W buddy was at the shop last week when my 2.0 came in from Whittakers. He gave it a quick check and pronounced it very adequate for a carry gun.
But yes, plenty of kits and u tube if you have the aptitude. Otherwise, take it to a reputable gunsmith.
Posted By: TWBryan Re: Poor Trigger on Shield 2.0 - 05/09/20
Thanks for the replies guys. Just wondering where I adjust to fix the tough break.

I have two Shields, 9 and 45 and both have excellent triggers! With that said, I had a Shield 40 and it was horrendous! Sold it. Overall, IMO the Shields have a respectable trigger for what they are designed for!
Posted By: Bob338 Re: Poor Trigger on Shield 2.0 - 05/10/20
I put a spring kit in mine. The only problem I see with the trigger is creep. It's quite long but truly doesn't prevent it shooting well.
Originally Posted by Bob338
I put a spring kit in mine. The only problem I see with the trigger is creep. It's quite long but truly doesn't prevent it shooting well.

I have looked at a dozen or so different guns in 9mm, 40S&W, and one each in 22lr and 45ACP. None had an acceptable trigger. No two were alike.
© 24hourcampfire