Home
For several years now, Ebay has offered chamber reamers, brand name ZPV. Have any of youse guys used these? Remarks, opinions requested.
My only remark is that I considered these recently (i.e. looked at the listings and description, then noticed the price) since I was in the market for a 9mm reamer, and noticed that they cost only about $10 less than a good Manson reamer from Brownells. I couldn't think of any reason to take a chance on an unknown and likely lower quality reamer for almost the same cost. If they were $35-40 it might be worth considering, but they aren't.
And returns are hell, ZPV is in Serbia. Though Serbs are capable of making good stuff.
I am looking at a "one time only job" in 8x57. I have a lot of reamers, mostly PTG, but by the time they get to your door, you are into it about a 150 bucks. Rental from their sub company reamerrental.com will run 65 bucks to my door. So, I looked at the Euro option, about 84 bucks to my door. 8x57 is not a hot mover but I think I could sell it when I'm done on Ebay, used for 50 bucks, maybe. IF it's an adequate tool.
Nighthawk, what was your experience, that you had to return your purchase? Ebay says right on the posting that it is Ebay protected purchase. Was your problem with the USPS? Ebay?
No experience. Just that Serbia isn't known for producing junk. And the Yugos I've looked at were all well made. I didn't bookmark the ZPV home page (in English) but it's easy to Google up. Take a look and see if it inspires confidence in their products. Best I can tell ya.
© 24hourcampfire