Home
Posted By: RickBin SCREEN DIMENSIONS - 02/09/07
Hi Guys:

If you're having trouble with the screen and having to scroll back and forth, I suggest you set your monitor to 800x600 resolution, as that is quickly becoming the new minimum standard.

START > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL > DISPLAY > SETTINGS 800x600.

That should help.

Rick
Posted By: GonHuntin Re: SCREEN DIMENSIONS - 05/04/07
That's where mine is set and I still have the scrolling right and left problem.......could you move or eliminate the right column and would that help???
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: SCREEN DIMENSIONS - 05/07/07
Newer monitors, like mine, have 800x600 as a minimum. I have mine set higher than that to accommodate Photoshop.

Dick
Posted By: WGM Re: SCREEN DIMENSIONS - 02/10/08
1920x1200 here ... wide screen laptop ... it's awesome, +P
Posted By: johnw Re: SCREEN DIMENSIONS - 12/04/08
hey rick,

i'm pretty ignorant when it comes to settings changes and such... i followed your directions, and changed my settings from 1024x768 to 800x600... the problem got much worse....
i went the other direction and i'm currently at 1280x1024...
it eliminated the problem on the post that i was having trouble with... barely....

for several months there were no problems as the pics were in a window that had a scroll in it... i liked that really well... it let guys post their big pics, and did not skew the whole thread...
i'm not sure when or why that changed... here's to hoping that you can recreate that effect... regards.... john w
Posted By: johnw Re: SCREEN DIMENSIONS - 12/04/08
hey rick,

at the 1280x1024 settings this thread is still seriously warped... mule deer and a model 70 fwt
Posted By: 1minute Re: SCREEN DIMENSIONS - 07/26/11
Try the Ctrl and a + or a - key, and things might scale up or down to a suitable size.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: SCREEN DIMENSIONS - 08/15/14
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
That's where mine is set and I still have the scrolling right and left problem.......could you move or eliminate the right column and would that help???
Suddenly having the same problem with certain threads today.
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: SCREEN DIMENSIONS - 11/21/15
Johnw, your advice eliminated the problem for me.. Many thanks..
Posted By: cdb Re: SCREEN DIMENSIONS - 03/29/18
I’m having this problem on my iPhone. Anyone know of a fix?
Posted By: Tracks Re: SCREEN DIMENSIONS - 05/25/18
Hwy Rick,
Suddenly the campfire opens to a half screen. the other half is taken up by a advertisement for "Seek Outside". As I'm writing this I have a block about 2 inches wide to fit it in.
Now it's for Olive oil.
Now Meopro.
Crap!!!
I'm nor real damn happy with this
No help here, It appears the advertisements have taken control
getting worse now 20% to 25 %
is taken up by Murdoch'w ranch and home supply
Posted By: Dogslife57 Re: SCREEN DIMENSIONS - 01/03/19
Changing settings didn't help on my laptop. This is really annoying. Threads are 1/3 of my laptop.
© 24hourcampfire