Home
Posted By: Dons99 Pop-Ups/virus? - 01/30/24
This pop-op shows up when I'm on the Campfire and totally locks up my screen. Only way to get rid of it is hit back button or close page. I've tried everything I can think of to stop it with no luck. I use an I-pad and only on the Campfire does this happen. Does this happen to anyone else? Any help or ideas?[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Pop-Ups/virus? - 01/30/24
Have you tried uninstalling McAfee? Says your subscription has expired so am assuming you're not using it.
Posted By: Dons99 Re: Pop-Ups/virus? - 01/30/24
I don't have McAfee and never have. That's why I think it might be a virus of some sort.
I did just switch browsers from Safari to Firefox and I'll see if that fixes the problem.

Next day edit; browser swap fixed it.
Posted By: Elkbelch Re: Pop-Ups/virus? - 02/03/24
exactly what Ive been getting the last two days, I don't have this installed on my Mac either

Shawn
Posted By: ronwethington Re: Pop-Ups/virus? - 02/05/24
It happened to me as well last week on a NEW Ipad. I don’t think Mac can even use McAfee!
Posted By: 250_3000 Re: Pop-Ups/virus? - 02/05/24
I get the same thing. Don’t have Mcafee and obviously this is some kind of virus or spam. I only gets this on the Campfire. Maybe the owner of this site can do something about this?
Posted By: himmelrr Re: Pop-Ups/virus? - 02/05/24
Me as well. I just posted this in the Lounge to maybe get some more exposure.
Posted By: mathman Re: Pop-Ups/virus? - 02/08/24
It's annoying me this morning.
Posted By: 7_08FAN Re: Pop-Ups/virus? - 02/08/24
I’m getting it on iPad. Don’t have it. It’s some form of spam, and that’s not something posing as meat.
Posted By: FNWhelen Re: Pop-Ups/virus? - 02/09/24
Just for info I am getting this same thing while using FireFox and Linux.
Posted By: mathman Re: Pop-Ups/virus? - 02/21/24
McAfee is being a pest again this morning.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Pop-Ups/virus? - 02/26/24
I run a MacBook and have McAfee installed and running and still get the same locked screen as shown above. My McAfee subscription has not expired which leads me to think this is a bad actor that has taken up residence in this website.
This really needs to get resolved and quickly.

I changed to Firefox but it followed me there.
© 24hourcampfire