Home
Hi, starting this morning, all I get is a black strip in place of embedded Youtube videos when viewing 24HCF on two Windows 10 machines using IE11. I can't even right click and get them to open them in Youtube. Based on some other posts today, others are having the same problem, while some said that they now can see videos they could not see before.

They do work on my iPad running Safari.

Did something change on this site, or do I need to look elsewhere for a solution?

Thanks
Getting the same on an iMac...
I'm running Windows 7 Professional, and hitting the same black bar snag, too.

Got an automated call yesterday AM, some line about a Windows registry license expiring,...with an 800 # to call. I was out on the tractor and did not write it down, figuring it for just another scam.

Can still call up Youtube Vids directly,....WTF, over ?

GTC

mine seems to be working alright.

Still can see big glasses and tube tops in the audience.
Is your Adobe flash player up to date?
Originally Posted by RWE
mine seems to be working alright.

Still can see big glasses and tube tops in the audience.

Me too.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Is your Adobe flash player up to date?

Yes. Behaves the same way on a Mac with Safari and Chrome.
That's all I got, Allen!

Works fine here on Win7/FF/adblock/ccleaner/etc.
Fine also on iPhone 5 safari.
I usually use the adblck browser to avoid all the problems with this site, on it I by get TV the black bar. Using Chrome I see the video.
Rickey has-been didn't get his check in the mail so he cut them off. Money talks. They have to pay him a lot to make this the best p o s website on the net!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by mohick
Money talks.

And bullshit walks. Bye.
[bleep] you suck dick sum bitch everyone knows this is a money making p o s web site that is always [bleep] up. I know some really great people in Mont. I bet they are real proud of your sorry ass.
Never said it wasn't. But what's that got to do with YouTube videos not showing up? Never ceases to amaze me how much trouble some people have viewing this site, while others have nil...

BTW, 'flave's proud of me and that's all I need...
Rick,

Looks like Youtube recently changed their embed code that affected your board software. This appears to be the solution.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=438&p=14499886
Thanks for tracking that down Pugs. But I still don't understand why some see black bars and others see the videos. If it's something YouTube changed, shouldn't it affect us all? Or, likewise if it's a website issue? I don't claim to be any sort of computer geek, I just know I don't experience any of the issues that others do on this site.

Here's what I see of the embedded video above:
[Linked Image]
Had nothing but the black bar for days.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Thanks for tracking that down Pugs. But I still don't understand why some see black bars and others see the videos.

No clue - what OS and Browser are you using? I'm a engineer who has to make computers work to do my job but not a web developer.

One of the things I noted was it affects even videos posted several years ago.

Here's what I see with RWE's post.

[Linked Image]
Windows 10 and Firefox with uBlock. Previously used AdBlock but uBlock seemed to work better on my Droid so switched to it on the PC as well. The embedded video is visible on my phone too.

ETA- just disabled uBlock and enabled AdBlock and the video's still visible so don't think there's any issue with different ad blockers causing it.
I get the same black bars on several forums I visit, and from similar posts, it seems the problem is happening all over the Web. Its not confined to a particular browser either, but seems to be rather random....
Nope - very much something Rick has to fix with the embedding code he uses.
I run both Chrome and FireFox on my laptop. Videos work fine in FF, don't work in Chrome.
Originally Posted by TATELAW
I run both Chrome and FireFox on my laptop. Videos work fine in FF, don't work in Chrome.

Same for me.
How come the same thing is happening on other forums? The fix might be down to individual forums/sites, but I think the root cause must be else where...
Originally Posted by Pete E
How come the same thing is happening on other forums? The fix might be down to individual forums/sites, but I think the root cause must be else where...

Using the Firefox browser embedded YouTube videos display and play normally for me but with I.E. browser I get just the "black bar" and no video.

Right clicking on an embedded YouTube video using Firefox it says it's "HTML5 player".

With I.E. browser right clicking on the "black bar" says it's "Adobe Flash player".

At YouTube's website videos play fine with either browser.

Weird, huh,,,?

...Never ceases to amaze me how much trouble some people have viewing this site, while others have nil...

Windows 10...

Well duh! Not everyone is using Windows 10.

Mine is Windows 7 Pro, Chrome with Adblock+. Getting black bars only. Switching to Firefox allows me to view the video.
Originally Posted by joken2

Using the Firefox browser embedded YouTube videos display and play normally for me but with I.E. browser I get just the "black bar" and no video.

Right clicking on an embedded YouTube video using Firefox it says it's "HTML5 player".

With I.E. browser right clicking on the "black bar" says it's "Adobe Flash player".

Weird, huh,,,?

Checking around at some other websites I found embedded YouTube videos still display and play properly for me using I.E. browser at the Kentucky Hunting website AND it's with Adobe Flash Player too...?!?!

Weird, huh,,,?

Checking around at some other websites I found embedded YouTube videos still display and play properly for me using I.E. browser at the Kentucky Hunting website AND it's with Adobe Flash Player too...?!?!

Even weirder, at Accurate Reloading forums, embedded YouTube videos not only have the same vertical "black bar" on the left side as the Campfire, they also have another narrow vertical "black bar" over on the right side of what would normally be the embedded YouTube video screen.

At the very bottom of the narrow black bar the letters 'O' and 'U' of YouTube are visible.

Left clicking on those letters opens up the "Allow Once" option bar to view video at YouTube's website.(I'm using I.E. browser.)

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9111080861/m/7231081861
Looks like the BB software has been updated and is working again for me.
Originally Posted by Pugs
Looks like the BB software has been updated and is working again for me.

Thanks for the heads-up. It is for me now too. Good news!
Glad I hadn't started tinkering around and making unnecessary changes to my machine yet.
Yep. Working here again on the iMac...
© 24hourcampfire