Home
Went a long time(years), w/o having to do so. A short time ago(weeks) I had to log in. I queried the WEBMASTER, got no response, but didn't need to log in. Now we are back to logging in.
Quite annoying.
Anything I can do about this??
check the 'keep me logged in' box, maybe.....
Been down that road before---doesn't work until i send msg to Webmaster. Twice now, have sent msg to Webmaster and am now up and running. Last time it was only good for a couple days. Will see how long this one lasts.
Originally Posted by jpretle
Anything I can do about this??

as a temporary solution , keep the browser open.
Well, here we go again. Been okay for a month or so, and now have to log in again each time i come here.
This is day 3 this time;.
Clean out cookies, close browser, reopen browser, log in, check Remember Me Box.

That should do it.

smile
Will give the rest of it a try. Checking the Remember Box certainly isn't working.
Thanks
Well, that is not working either. I am using the cookies link in the My Stuff column. They don't seem to delete.
Is there another place to delete the cookies??
Delete the cookies from your browser. Chrome, IE, Safari, etc.
What is the issue with having to login?

You must not be running Ccleaner. Eventually you will be posting about a slow-running computer.
deleting cookies didn't help.
Switched browsers and bingo!!!
The whole Internet runs on cookies.

Cookie settings are contained in your browser, which means they are out of my control.

If you are having login issues, by far the number 1 suspect is corrupt or expired cookies in your browser.

As such, protocol is:

1] CLEAN COOKIES
2] CLOSE BROWSER
3] REOPEN BROWSER
4] LOGIN (hitting Remember Me, which sets a NEW cookie!).

If this doesn't work, the next step is to run CCleaner (www.piriform.com) or something similar. When you download CCleaner, select the free version, and make sure to uncheck all the boxes asking if you want McAfee or Toolbar X or any other BS bloatware. Just get the simple free version of CCleaner, with NOTHING else attached, and run it. THAT will definitely clean your cookies and also should make your browsing zippier and safer.

COOKIES! Clean 'em out, start over by logging in again.
© 24hourcampfire