Home
Rick,

I've been having a problem with icons and the Campfire logo appearing where I should see other images like avatars. Then I hit F5 for a refresh and the page usually renders correctly. Or sometimes just the images change. Also on the big editor the smily menu sometimes the smily I get isn't the one I selected.

I only get this on the Campfire. Guessing it's my problem 'cuz I see no other complaints.

I suspect a corrupt rendering engine or some mysterious config option. One hint is it also happens on Firefox forks. The easy refresh my browser option is no help. So it's looking like a full uninstall/reinstall which will pretty much eat up an afternoon getting addons, bookmarks, passwords, etc. restored. Any hints you may have would be much appreciated.

And that's what I'll do if you have nothing to add. Funny, way back OS9 on the Tandy/Radio Shack Color Computer ran a CRC before opening a file. Apparently Windows doesn't. Never saw it complain but for a FAT/NTFS fault anyway. Thanks.

Dell desktop
Windows 7 Pro
Firefox - latest version
I had resigned myself to spending tomorrow afternoon with Firefo and figured what the hell and tried an uninstall/reinstall without resetting settings which should be the same as a refresh. Already tried refresh. But that seems to have worked. Go figure. Unless they released a very minor revision in the nonce. We'll see, only did minor testing.
Oops, just saw an image glitch, my avatar appeared in the screen banner in multiple copies. F5 made it right. But a lot easier to live with than the whole page being messed up.
Oh, cleard the cache so it wasn't a malformed page stuck there. Channeling Gus, "Does anyone really know for sure?" I think not.
FYI - Looksing like some bug in Firefox. National Weather Service XML feed page is showing similar problems. Guessing some combination of script and rendering code that occurs rarely. Or maybe unique to a build for this old machine. Chrome renders OK if you like sending your data to Google. Oh well....
This MAY be, MIGHT be, a Firefox bug that was opened 14 years ago and since reopened. I lack the energy or interest to follow up.

Bug 363840
IFrame on refresh of page, does not show the correct content.

May have something to do with me using Windows 7 and why it isn't seen more. Or unique to BBS and a few others. Back on the day it wasn't unusual for a clever boy to write nonstandard code to gain some performance advantage. Or choke the rendering engine with the unusual code. Might be something like that. It's a damn nuisance anyway.
s not
© 24hourcampfire