Home
Posted By: clockwork_7mm 30-30 Fusion issues? - 07/31/20
Preface: posted this on the rifle page before I thought to ask here.

A few boxes at Wal-Mart today for $4.50 each. At first, the sporting goods manager, who was clearly annoyed he'd been rousted from a chair and his phone somewhere, said it was a mistake. Then when it wasn't, these are the last boxes because "it was discontinued after jamming a lot"... I said I didn't care about that. Then it morphed into "lawsuits over them blowing up in people's faces." And he "told corporate not to sell them" and hec "was just warning me what could happen if I bought them." (I bought the remaining 3 boxes.)

Quick Google search shows they're mostly out of stock online, but nothing turns up about recalls or safety issues. Mostly just some complaining about lack of expansion on smaller deer.

Am I missing something here or was "Manager Dave" just full of BS and potentially saving them for himself...
Bwaaaaaaaaaa... you ruined Tiny Tim's Christmas... I bought about 25 boxes a couple of months ago for $4.50 too... they shoot great and I've killed 6-8 hogs with them...
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: 30-30 Fusion issues? - 07/31/20
So the store will sell ammo that doesn't function and that injures people, just at a discount?? The manager has never heard of product recalls for liability purposes? An idiot and a liar.
Posted By: Bugger Re: 30-30 Fusion issues? - 07/31/20
It sounds a lot like Walmart
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: 30-30 Fusion issues? - 08/01/20
Yea, in hindsight I wish I could've had more of an exchange with him about the stupidity of his story... but he seemed like just the kind of guy who would call security to screw up the sale and I wanted $4 ammo.
Posted By: TheKid Re: 30-30 Fusion issues? - 08/01/20
That’s probably why Academy sold me all that 35 Whelen Fusion ammo last year for $2 or so a box. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw that in the clearance section, bought all 13 boxes.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: 30-30 Fusion issues? - 08/01/20
Originally Posted by TheKid
That’s probably why Academy sold me all that 35 Whelen Fusion ammo last year for $2 or so a box. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw that in the clearance section, bought all 13 boxes.

Son of a bitch! Good find!!
Posted By: WStrayer Re: 30-30 Fusion issues? - 08/01/20
Sounds like they are discontinued by the maker.
Posted By: kingstrider Re: 30-30 Fusion issues? - 08/08/20
That is good shooting ammo. Bought a bunch of that a couple years ago for the same price.
Posted By: WStrayer Re: 30-30 Fusion issues? - 08/08/20
Midway lists the ammo as "out of stock".
Still listed on Federal web site.
Posted By: Bugger Re: 30-30 Fusion issues? - 08/08/20
Originally Posted by TheKid

For that price, I’d buy a 35 Whelen if I didn’t have one.
Posted By: TXLoader Re: 30-30 Fusion issues? - 11/11/20
The Wally world manager is just full of it.

I've heard of no issues with Fusion cartridges, and I've had no issues with the same in the 270 WCF, 7mm-08 Rem, and 308 Win I've bought over the last year.
© 24hourcampfire