Home
Posted By: DeanAnderson Mossberg 472PRA 30-30 Win - 02/26/21
Picked up a pretty neat old rifle recently, a Mossberg 472PRA in 30-30 Winchester. Very Marlin-esk, my Marlin mounts fit the receiver. This one is a rifle and has a 24" barrel. The safety is a lever on the side that acts as a hammer block. Rifle is very clean, looking forward to getting to the range with it and then in the cedar swamp tis coming season. The "PRA", in the model number, stands for P pistol grip stock, R a rifle and not a carbine and A means it's a 30-30 Win and not a 35 Rem (that would be a B). Neat old lever you don't see every day. The deal included 3 boxes, 60 rounds, of factory ammo too...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Very cool! I used to run into an old Farmer from time to time when deer hunting who carried one of these
That is interesting.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Mossberg 472PRA 30-30 Win - 03/01/21
Mossberg and Marlin were joined at the hip at one time. I had a mossberg 472 at one time and really didn't care for it. I hope this one ejects for you. Mine didn't eject worth a s***.
Well, if there's issues ejecting, wouldn't be the first time I've repaired a gun or taken it to a gunsmith.
© 24hourcampfire