Home
Saw a used and hunted with Win 94 in 375 Win, but the price was good. One thing I noticed right away as that the lever needed squeezing in order to depress the release.

Have only had about 3 winchester levers, but none have needed that. In fact the only lever I tried that did that was a mossberg, and they are designed to do that.

Want some info if I go back there to make an offer, if it is still there.

So what needs repaired? Or is it just worn?
that is the way it was made. i bought mine in 1980 .
It means the trigger stop was working properly!
They have a trigger block to make sure the lever is fully closed and the locking lug is fully home. Tight cases can stop the lever seating fully (the locking lug has a very slight angle on it for minimal camming) or dirt/debris in the action particulary in the lug recess. I tend to think it may be the crud rather than a fault.

I just bought a new Marlin 336 and the lever is firm to close/lock but stays put. Tight cases ie previously fired, cause it to spring back - sizing the case fixes that.

There's a locking detent in the lever thst the cowboy action shooters like to polish and lighten the spring so it locks easier and smoother. I like mine the way it is and it'll probably smoothen out with use anyway.
That's because it wasn't worn out. That's how they're supposed to be
It's an added safety feature, works just fine when you get used to it.
© 24hourcampfire