Home
Posted By: gunbug Newer Marlin levers - 06/25/21
Is anything wrong with Marlin Rifles made by Remington? Dan
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: Newer Marlin levers - 06/25/21

Not on any of mine.

Check for barrel droop and sights being installed properly and not leaning to one side or another.

Most "likely" issues may be stock and fore end furniture fit gaps you MAY encounter.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Newer Marlin levers - 06/25/21
Originally Posted by gunbug

No, I think they did a great job on the very late prodctuion. Say the last 4 years
Posted By: doubleDs55 Re: Newer Marlin levers - 06/25/21
From 2017 on they were pretty decent rifles, at least mine were, fit & finish, accuracy, were dependable, stainless ones are beautiful rifles.
Same for the all blue 336's. Nice.
Posted By: gunbug Re: Newer Marlin levers - 06/25/21
thank you all. Dan
Posted By: saddlegun Re: Newer Marlin levers - 06/26/21
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by gunbug

No, I think they did a great job on the very late prodctuion. Say the last 4 years

I agree. After swearing that I would never buy a Remlin, I had the opportunity to buy an 1894 Cowboy in .45 Colt a few years ago. Everything was excellent and certainly up to par with JM production, although JM probably had nicer wood. Internally, Remington had actually improved the action a bit, so that my .45 Colt version worked better.

Like the JM 1894s that I had owned, it was a bit stiff at first, but by clipping a coil off the hammer spring and cycling the action 1000 times (lowering the hammer each time) it became just about as slick as an 1890s Model 1894, and the trigger pull was improved as well.

I ended up buying a couple of other Remlin lever guns before production stopped. Also very good.
Posted By: Bugger Re: Newer Marlin levers - 06/26/21
I have a 44 RM and a 45-70 Remington Marlin.
I have a 30-30, a 35 Remington, and a 22LR Model 39A all stamped JM.
I lthink my Remington Marlins are as good a quality as my JM Marlins.
Posted By: reivertom Re: Newer Marlin levers - 07/02/21
Hold out for an old one.
© 24hourcampfire