Home
Posted By: skitish Dove Tail Filler-blank - 10/25/21
When you remove the stock buckhorn sights on the rifle to install peep sights, have any of you found a dove tail filler that looks decent on the rifle. The one from Skinner sights fits well but does not look very good on the rifle. Thanks.
Posted By: 1Akshooter Re: Dove Tail Filler-blank - 10/25/21
Check out the contoured dove tail offering from Ranger Point Precision. Its around 30 bucks.

Rifle Barrel 3/8 Dovetail Filler Blanks | Black Nitride Steel, Stainless Steel Options.

Marbles used to make one for Octagon barrels.

I think they offer the best aftermarket levers for Marlin and Winchester, slightly bigger, but not goofy looking like some.

Their aftermarket loading gate for Marlin lever guns is a must have for me.

Good shooting Pard.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: Dove Tail Filler-blank - 10/25/21
The Marble's and Lyman fillers both look pretty decent on round barrels. The Lyman seems to look a bit better on smaller diameter barrels, and the Marble's on larger, imho. I've got them on a few rifles. The Williams filler looks out of place on anything except an octagon;it's pretty tall.
Posted By: crshelton Re: Dove Tail Filler-blank - 10/25/21
Marbles also sells a folding barrel sight sight this one on my 1886 45-90.
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Posted By: zcm82 Re: Dove Tail Filler-blank - 10/25/21
I have one of those folding #95 sights on my Win 9422. The windage adjustment is slick, works great as an inside-25 yard backup sight.
Ditto on the RPP filler. Also, some craft their own from an old rear sight.
Posted By: skitish Re: Dove Tail Filler-blank - 10/28/21
Thanks guys, I ordered the dove tail blank from Ranger Point Precision. Only problem I had was I ordered their rear peep sight also!
Posted By: zcm82 Re: Dove Tail Filler-blank - 10/28/21
A good peep sight is never a problem 😁
© 24hourcampfire