Home
Posted By: TBREW401 Ruger Marlin - 03/04/22
The new NRA magazine has article on the new Marlin---$1400.00 MSRP --wow
Posted By: ringworm Re: Ruger Marlin - 03/06/22
Street price is 3k.
Mine is a sub moa shooter..
CHF barrel.. like a steyr lever gun.
Posted By: Charlie-NY Re: Ruger Marlin - 03/11/22
My JM 1895 has shot many groups between .5"-1" @ 100yds. But ...... the Ruger 1895 has my interest. If I can find one as MSRP I'll grab it. If I'm happy with it I'll sell my JM. Collectors pay silly money for a JM in good shape.
Posted By: ringworm Re: Ruger Marlin - 03/16/22
You won't.
I have half a dozen guys, fully prepaid, on a list in my shop @ $1350.
Posted By: hikerbum Re: Ruger Marlin - 03/16/22
Street price is whatever a dealer who you know and trust can get it for. Very few guns are worth what gougers charge for them. Shop around with ones you trust. They will get you the best deal possible.
Posted By: WStrayer Re: Ruger Marlin - 03/16/22
saw a dealer cost listed price of $950. But sadly some dealers get better prices than others depending upon their distributor and volume of sales.
Posted By: ringworm Re: Ruger Marlin - 03/18/22
Originally Posted by hikerbum
Street price is whatever a dealer who you know and trust can get it for. Very few guns are worth what gougers charge for them. Shop around with ones you trust. They will get you the best deal possible.

You can't gouge on a nonessential item,
The market price is what the market will bear.
So a dealer who knows he can sell something for X should take less than X?
Remember that next time you have something for sale.
Posted By: ChiefO Re: Ruger Marlin - 03/22/22
I’m looking forward to just putting my hands on one. I’ve heard good things.
Posted By: Rodney482 Re: Ruger Marlin - 03/25/22
They are in the low 2s

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/927399438
Posted By: KenMi Re: Ruger Marlin - 03/25/22
Several have sold in the last month for $1700-$1900 on Gunbroker as well.

price will continue to drop as supply increases and those that really thought there was a value in paying 2-3x MSRP drop out or already have theirs. Once the supply gets built up to the point that distributors can have availability to any ordering dealer, the Gunbroker sales will go flat.

This model was going nuts on Gunbroker for the past 2+ years as the Remlin version........mainly because of the craze of having a gun from Jurassic World.

I really don't expect the other new release Ruger Marlins to be this crazy. Like everything, people will pay a premium to have the first ones available, but after that, the bubble will quickly burst, as long as Ruger keeps supply steady.
Posted By: 65Jeffrey Re: Ruger Marlin - 08/27/22
any credible rumors about release dates for Ruger/Marlin 30-30
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Ruger Marlin - 08/27/22
It’s interesting to me that Ruger is keeping the price elevated.

Their other types of fire arms seem more economically priced.
Posted By: ChipM Re: Ruger Marlin - 09/17/22
Waited 4 months but bought mine for $1149, very well made and can’t wait until a 336, 35 rem is released. There’s a bit more in putting a lever gun together than a bolt gun, plus raw materials are up and they have a large investment in Marlin brand and a new factory, really not surprised
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Ruger Marlin - 09/22/22
Originally Posted by Angus1895

Good quality is always going to cost. The MSRP is comparable to Henrys that aren’t IMO, as nice. Gougers (or good capitalists, if you prefer) are pricing them at the current street prices. Can’t blame Ruger for that in any way.
Posted By: Dinny Re: Ruger Marlin - 09/22/22
Originally Posted by Angus1895

Have you seen what a new Blackhawk is selling for? I think Ruger pulled smiths off the pistol line and put them on the Marlin line.
Posted By: stang5021 Re: Ruger Marlin - 10/01/22
Saw that the 1895 guide gun is now released as well
Posted By: supercrew Re: Ruger Marlin - 10/01/22
saw the ruger sbl and also the blued version yesterday at a shop, they are nice, but I already have an 1895 GS in JM version.. left them both there, sbl was 1349, blued 999
Posted By: rifletom Re: Ruger Marlin - 10/03/22
Ruger seems to be making these new lever rifles mighty nice. And keeping the "Marlin" name on the recoil pad is a smart move. Some buyers want to see that I suppose. In the end, it's a Ruger, which certainly isn't a bad thing.
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: Ruger Marlin - 10/03/22
Am waiting for the 1895GS and the Cowboy.

Gives me three generations of each.
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Ruger Marlin - 10/05/22
The one thing Ruger can do, to vastly improve a Marlin, is recreate the 1894 in 44 Magnum with a 1:20 barrel. If they can accomplish this in blue & walnut, I'll bite.

I find it distasteful Ruger chose to keep checkered stocks from the Remington days and I don't need or want a threaded barrel. It would be nice to have options.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Ruger Marlin - 10/05/22
Originally Posted by SargeMO
The one thing Ruger can do, to vastly improve a Marlin, is recreate the 1894 in 44 Magnum with a 1:20 barrel. If they can accomplish this in blue & walnut, I'll bite.

I find it distasteful Ruger chose to keep checkered stocks from the Remington days and I don't need or want a threaded barrel. It would be nice to have options.

FOR SURE! If they go with a 1 in 38" twist just to copy what Marlin did, they are damn fools.

Wonder how many new models in 1895 45-70 they will have to go through before bringing out another model and caliber? The original plan was just the 1895 SBL, then move on to the 1894 in the first quarter of 2022.

I would like to see an 1894 SBL. I have one from the Remington Marlin Custom shop. Excellent gun, but I'd sure trade if the barrel twist is corrected.
© 24hourcampfire