Home
I have a pre-81 BLR in 308.

I have three mags, and all three lock in place, then slide down in front so the cartridges don't feed right.

It seem like the magazine latch isn't long enough or is worn.

Anyone else have this issue?

Might be common, because aftermarket magazine latches are plentiful.

Thanks in advance.
I recently found a pre-81 in 358, gun would jam if there was more than on round in the mag. Found a prices of mags were crazy on Gun broker and feebay ($200 to $300) came across Numrich Gun Parts out of Kingston NY. Got a new replacement magazine for around $75 that functions perfectly.

The only gunsmith I found that's great with old BLR's is Neil Jones near Eric PA, his webpage is neiljones . com he cleaned up the trigger on my pre-81 he also completely reworked the trigger on a brand new BLR, that gun went to Browning only to come back worst each time I sent it in (3 times)
Posted By: pete53 Re: Pre-81 BLR feeding problems - 04/17/22
try a different magazine 1st
Did the different magazine thing, including the Numrich mag thing. It’s getting a new latch this week and we’ll see what’s what.
Common issue
Must be, because my Google-fu turned up lots and lots of availability of replacement magazine latches.

Originally Posted by Rodney482
Common issue
Posted By: Bugger Re: Pre-81 BLR feeding problems - 04/19/22
I had a pre-81 BLR in 358. It wouldn’t feed out of the magazine if it were full with either magazine. One less than full and it fed ok.
Curious if the latch resolved your issue? I have the same firearm and problem. I tried a new mag and it did not solve it.
© 24hourcampfire