Home
My son and I took a couple of lever guns out for some casual shooting.

1926 Model 92 in .38 WCF, and 1927 Model 94 in .30 WCF...and a Colt SAA .45

[Linked Image]
Looks like my kind of fun.
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

They just feel good!
Very nice! I had a 92 in 38 for several years, but it wasn't in nearly that nice of condition, but it was fun to shoot. 😁
They certainly grow on ya! I was at the local fun store last week and a Model 55 takedown followed me to the truck. What's a guy to do but give it a good home? grin
Very cool. Nice guns and fun to shoot!! I might take my 375 win jack rabbit hunting!!!
Why are all the 92’s in drastically worse shape than the 94’s. Also it seems like all the 92’s disappeared
So much more refreshing to hear about nice lever actions and no mention of a (GASP) Henry...
nice!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Why are all the 92’s in drastically worse shape than the 94’s. Also it seems like all the 92’s disappeared

Approximately one Million 92's were mfg. (1892-1941) compared to over Five Million Model 94's, (1894-2006).

You are correct as to the 92's being worn out more, especially the finish. Winchester did try to improve their Finish on their Fire Arms as they went along.

Good to see a couple originals being used!
Really sweet guns - missed going to a lever action silhouette shoot yesterday……..I have more fun breaking out the vintage levers and shooting these competitions than just about anything else I can think of. There is a great deal of fun to be had knocking down silhouettes with a 1889 Winchester 73 in .32-20, Marlin 1895 in .40-65 made in 1897 and an 1897 Marlin .22 made in 1899 that just brings a smile to my face!

Your guns would fit right in there - I’ve been playing around with an 1873 in .38-40 to hopefully use at a match this year - fun little round and a 92 would be a perfect rifle for that cartridge (have been looking for a while for that combination but no luck yet!).

Thanks for sharing and again nice guns!!

PennDog
© 24hourcampfire