Home
Posted By: kaywoodie Just followed me home! - 09/17/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Just followed me home! - 09/17/22
Damn Bob, that's interesting 30-30 ???? Rio7
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Just followed me home! - 09/17/22
Yes Blue. Been carrying that old Saddle Ring 30-30 you gave me on the mule. Still shoots good!!! But I got the hankering for a nice 94 rifle in plain ol 30-30. Well this one fit the bill. Take down model too!!!
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Just followed me home! - 09/17/22
That's a nice looking piece.

Saw the thread title and thought "1895", but was plesantly surprised at the 1894.

I've had a bunch of rifles but find it difficult to find one more utilitarian than a Win M94 carbine in .30-30, and though that one is not a carbine, it would still be an easy-carrying rifle.

Congrats.
That’s very cool Bob. What’s the year of mfg ?
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Just followed me home! - 09/17/22
Thanks fellas. Like I said got the hankering for a nice 1894 rifle and .30 WCF was the cartridge i wanted. Have plenty ammo as I have two other 94’s here, and SRC and an eastern carbine. But I just wanted a nice rifle. Serious considering using it on this years elk hunt. I’ll take a ‘95 too for just in case! 🤣

I believe it was born in 1909
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Just followed me home! - 09/18/22
Good Job! It looks like a rifle that fits your character. Old fashioned yet very deadly and effective.
Looks like a nice take down Rifle with an extra longer than standard Barrel. Is that a 26 inch barrel, or possibly Longer?
Posted By: jeeper Re: Just followed me home! - 09/18/22
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58
Looks like a nice take down Rifle with an extra longer than standard Barrel. Is that a 26 inch barrel, or possibly Longer?

Looks like you could just reach out and poke something with it, literally.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Just followed me home! - 09/18/22
26"!!!!! I shot it this morning! Yup! This ol’ gal is going along with me to Colorado!!!
Posted By: Lslite Re: Just followed me home! - 09/18/22
Where do you find all this cool stuff ? I wanna start shopping in your neck off the woods.
Posted By: Caplock Re: Just followed me home! - 09/18/22
Nice rifle ! Just a thought....a lot of these old guns get a little loose and I think even though they are proofed nickel steel doesn't mean they were designed for the modern souped up 30-30 ammo on the shelf now. Anyway, at least over the long haul.
Posted By: Joe Re: Just followed me home! - 09/18/22
That's a fine rifle and I bet with it's long barrel it hangs fine for an offhand shot. I predict that you will get a nice elk with such a classic! Oh, wait a minute...can the pip-squeak .30-30 really kill an elk? whistle I wish things like that followed me home. laugh
Originally Posted by Joe
That's a fine rifle and I bet with it's long barrel it hangs fine for an offhand shot. I predict that you will get a nice elk with such a classic! Oh, wait a minute...can the pip-squeak .30-30 really kill an elk? whistle I wish things like that followed me home. laugh

Yeah. I know! 30-30 bounces off armadillos 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Shot it this morning. Me likie!
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Just followed me home! - 09/18/22
Kayw you load for 30-30 or just buy it?..mb
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Kayw you load for 30-30 or just buy it?..mb

I just buy it. Bought a bunch back in the day when I was working at the shop. But I steer clear of them “souped up” loads! 😉
Congrats! Enjoy!!!
Nice Find!
Posted By: Tarbe Re: Just followed me home! - 09/19/22
Very cool rifle!
Posted By: 06hunter59 Re: Just followed me home! - 09/19/22
Nice Rifle!
Enjoy......
Very nice K. I like that old round. My 94 is a carbine made about WW2. I really have two from that time, one a .30 WCF and the other my dad's a 32 spl. I have taken game with both. When I get a hankering to use the .30WCF now is it mostly my Marlin 24" half magazine. Always thought I would like a rifle in that model. Enjoy. Looking forward to a photo of an elk with it.
Posted By: tmitch Re: Just followed me home! - 09/19/22
That's a beauty Bob! I just acquired my first takedown (Model 55) this summer, .30-30 of course. Just received the correct Lyman tang sight for it so's I can hit something with it. I'm sure you'll put yours to good use!
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Just followed me home! - 09/19/22
Great news tmitch! Congrats on the acquisition!!! Good hunting
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Just followed me home! - 09/20/22
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Very nice K. I like that old round. My 94 is a carbine made about WW2. I really have two from that time, one a .30 WCF and the other my dad's a 32 spl. I have taken game with both. When I get a hankering to use the .30WCF now is it mostly my Marlin 24" half magazine. Always thought I would like a rifle in that model. Enjoy. Looking forward to a photo of an elk with it.

I have an eastern carbine dad gave me that is a wartime production gun. Probably 1943-ish guessing. .30 WCF. They are cool old rifles! Thanks and have a great season!!!
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Just followed me home! - 09/21/22
Kaywoodie those old long barreled 94's have a feel and a charm not felt by carbines not bad just different. You'll take to it like a duck to water, enjoy it..mb
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Just followed me home! - 09/21/22
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Thanks fellas. Like I said got the hankering for a nice 1894 rifle and .30 WCF was the cartridge i wanted. Have plenty ammo as I have two other 94’s here, and SRC and an eastern carbine. But I just wanted a nice rifle. Serious considering using it on this years elk hunt. I’ll take a ‘95 too for just in case! 🤣

NICE, got a 1899 year model in 32-40, 180gr cast flat noses at 1550 fps over H-335 is pure sweetness to shoot, congrats KW!
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Just followed me home! - 09/22/22
Awesome Gunner!! And thanks
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Just followed me home! - 09/23/22
Damn Kaywoodie, that is a gem. As somebody not famous once said-

"about 85% of real-world rifle chores can be handled by a good shot with a 94 Winchester and 110 years of technological advances hasn’t changed that. If you see beauty in utility, it is the Sophia Loren of hunting rifles."
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Just followed me home! - 09/23/22
Thanks Sarge! Grew up around these rifles. Have owned several over the decades. Still have some. All I wanted was a really nice 94 Rifle in .30 WCF. I like the old ctg. And I agree it is all most need to get the job done. You ought to see the old veteran I have stuck in the saddle scabbard on my Kawasaki mule! 😁
Posted By: knivesforme Re: Just followed me home! - 09/24/22
I like it, good looking rifle, kaywoodie.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Just followed me home! - 09/25/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

What??

The pile of oak fa-ggots??

OH! The RIFLE...

Rates a two cool, IMO. I just ran onto this thread and glad I did. I like old rifles. I'm old.

cool cool
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Just followed me home! - 09/26/22
Bob, I have a rifle like that one. I don't remember what I traded for it but the guy I got it from keeps wanting it back. I also have a carbine my dad bought right after he got out of the navy after WW2 so it is pre 1950. Think I will keep both of them. They make a nice set. I sincerely hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine and good luck on the elk hunt.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Just followed me home! - 09/26/22
Thanks Mark and Bruce for the nice remarks. I believe this one is a keeper😉
Posted By: kingston Re: Just followed me home! - 09/26/22

Great score! That rifle checks all the boxes.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Just followed me home! - 09/26/22
Originally Posted by Joe

Yeah. I know! 30-30 bounces off armadillos 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 . . . . . .

God yes
Remember to keep all your shots inside of 100 yards
or the projectile will immediately stop and plow straight
into the ground
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Just followed me home! - 09/26/22
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Damn Kaywoodie, that is a gem. As somebody not famous once said-

"about 85% of real-world rifle chores can be handled by a good shot with a 94 Winchester and 110 years of technological advances hasn’t changed that. If you see beauty in utility, it is the Sophia Loren of hunting rifles."

^ ^ ^ ^ yep - this ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Yessir, never had any whitetail get away when I had
a 30/30 in my hands. I hear many declare that they
shot it right in the heart and it bounced off or whatever.
None of the "souped up " fodder I tried would group,
only made a 00 buckshot pattern

Oh well. .
Really nice gun anyway.
Good Luck with it
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Just followed me home! - 09/26/22
What a beauty! congrats!
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Just followed me home! - 09/26/22
Again, thanks gang!!
© 24hourcampfire