Home
Posted By: hardluck Browning BLR - 11/10/22
Is there a member on here that works on BLR triggers?
Posted By: mikestaten Re: Browning BLR - 11/10/22
Not sure if anyone on here does it but Neil Jones seems to be highly regarded by everyone that’s used him. I sent him my BLR last year and the trigger is significantly lighter and more crisp now.
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Browning BLR - 11/10/22
Very few 'smiths will work on BLR triggers. Just contact Neil Jones and send it to him. He's done one for me and he took out all the creep and it breaks like glass. I will be sending him another soon.
Actually, I'm going to see if he will show me how to do one if I take my BLR directly to him rather than shipping it.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Browning BLR - 11/11/22
Neil jones has done several for me.

Top notch
Posted By: razerface Re: Browning BLR - 11/27/22
Is he still in business? Website is gone?

I have one that needs done. Horrible trigger.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Browning BLR - 11/27/22
I talked to him last week.

If the BLR I have for sale doesn’t sell

I am sending it his way.

Neil Jones gunsmith he has a web site thingy
Posted By: pete53 Re: Browning BLR - 11/27/22
Stu`s Gunsmithing in St.Cloud ,Mn. did a great job on my BLR trigger
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Browning BLR - 11/27/22
What did Stu charge?

Do you have a phone number?

Thanks
Posted By: pete53 Re: Browning BLR - 11/28/22
don`t remember the price but i thought it was cheap ? 320 258 3980 he starts work at the shop at 10 a.m.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Browning BLR - 11/28/22
Thanks
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Browning BLR - 11/29/22
Originally Posted by razerface
Is he still in business? Website is gone?

I have one that needs done. Horrible trigger.
Try this website: https://neiljonescustomproducts.com/
Posted By: crshelton Re: Browning BLR - 11/29/22
Can anyone tell me why Browning does not correct their trigger problems?
They make good guns and seem to have a good reputation EXCEPT for all the complaints about the triggers.

I do not own a Browning, just Winchesters. The Browning was more expensive.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: Browning BLR - 11/29/22
I think the engineers watched John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Chuck Conners shoot lever guns too often.

Assuming they don’t notice the trigger any who

The thing I wonder about is the barrel band?

Maybe browning triggers are so bad , no one worries about that ,un like they do Marlins.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Browning BLR - 11/30/22
ive owned a half dozen BLRs and never noticed any problem with the triggers.
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Browning BLR - 11/30/22
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Then you've never shot a rifle with a "good" trigger. My experience with the BLR triggers out of the box is that they are "creepy". Not terribly heavy and not terribly creepy, but could use quite a bit of improvement.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Browning BLR - 11/30/22
Originally Posted by gitem_12

i do own 5 BLR `s yes i understand the heavy trigger pull problem when shooting at paper targets off a bench but for hunting triggers are fine most of the time. i did have a little trigger work done on my takedown 30-06 s.s. because this BLR had a very heavy trigger pull , now its much better . this BLR is my favorite and goes with as a back-up , and blood trail rifle if needed by anyone , tuff to beat a 30-06 and the older i get the more i appreciate this grand old cartridge. told my son please don`t ever sell this BLR 30-06 when i am gone this BLR is one heck of a good all around rifle / cartridge to have in camp any place.
Posted By: mauserfan Re: Browning BLR - 11/30/22
I have a 15 years old .358 and is a quality gun. Very accurate with the sights. I hunt on foot and a 5# trigger with some creep is no issue. You only notice it on the bench. The problem I have is that with a pair of wool gloves on, the trigger loop is really tight to get my finger into. I'm not a big guy, wear size L gloves and am wondering if anyone else has this issue.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Browning BLR - 11/30/22
Originally Posted by mauserfan
I have a 15 years old .358 and is a quality gun. Very accurate with the sights. I hunt on foot and a 5# trigger with some creep is no issue. You only notice it on the bench. The problem I have is that with a pair of wool gloves on, the trigger loop is really tight to get my finger into. I'm not a big guy, wear size L gloves and am wondering if anyone else has this issue.

on my gloves i shoot with i cut the end index finger on the glove , i have XL hands
Posted By: mauserfan Re: Browning BLR - 12/01/22
Right, I do that as well but, some of the days I need a full glove as it's just too cold.
Posted By: Zrack656 Re: Browning BLR - 12/22/22
I am going to give Neil a call. Got a 358 this summer with a horrible trigger.
Posted By: sbhooper Re: Browning BLR - 12/22/22
Any time that you have a hammer involved, you will have a longer trigger action. I had a BLR and had the trigger worked on. It was ok, but you will never get them to feel like a bolt rifle. They just take some getting used to. I liked mine.
Posted By: WStrayer Re: Browning BLR - 12/25/22
I have been looking into a BLR. In research I found that out of the box trigger was 5 1/2# and creep was there. The author actually preferred the Henry Long Ranger so far as better trigger. 4 1/2#.
I am keeping an eye on this thread in case I pick one up.
© 24hourcampfire