Home
I have a buddy wanting to sell a very nice Winchester Model 94 in .375 Winchester. The gun looks brand new, save a few scratches on the stock. He is also offering up 5 boxes of ammo to go with it. Price for everything is $800.00. Thoughts on this deal?
That's a very good deal.

You've got $300 in ammo there lol.
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
That's a very good deal.

+1 - just watched two boxes of ammo sell for nearly $250 on GB recently and rifles have been north of $1200 (in excellent shape and again on GB) local sales would be less typically.

PennDog
Very good deal. Factory 375W ammo is $75-100 a box these days... if you can find it. Even just the brass is close to a buck a piece now.
Great deal. They had two versions. The first one was top eject so no scope but the receiver peep sight is great on these.. I had one in XTR.
The later guns were AE and were factory drilled fir the AE scope mounts.
I like my Winchester 375. I’ll never mount a scope on it. I’m using a Lyman steel aperture rear sight on mine. I replaced the front sight blade with a brass one.
Posted By: WFR Re: Winchester 94 in .375 question - 01/28/23
Buy it!
Or tell me where in NC and I may buy it.
That's a great deal.
Buy it now. Great price. I had an a AE when they first came out and put 2x Leupold, on it. Killed a few elk and deer with it , but that darn thing kicked so hard, I sent it down the road.
I had an 1886, 45-70 that didn't kick as bad
Originally Posted by PennDog
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
That's a very good deal.

+1 - just watched two boxes of ammo sell for nearly $250 on GB recently and rifles have been north of $1200 (in excellent shape and again on GB) local sales would be less typically.

PennDog

Geez. No wonder I have not shot anymore of my factory ammo....
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I have a .375 Big Bore purchased new in `82. It's an early top eject model. It sports a Wiiliams receiver sight and an RLO carrying strap. It is wonderful.

I would buy the rifle and ammo combo, keep the rifle and sell the ammo! If you're not a handloader, you're going to have to start if you want to shoot this gun routinely. As far as I know, Sierra is the only non-custom jacketed bullet supplier left. They have a 200 gr jsp.

I think a hard cast gas checked bullet is the way to go, but recent events have made that more difficult. Leadheads went out of business and last year I gave Jet Bullets a go and was pleased. Now they are closed. If someone has a current supplier of commercial cast gas checked .377 diameter bullets I'd sure appreciate a tip.
I forgot to say that Starline .375 brass is back in stock from them at good prices.
© 24hourcampfire