Home
I'm looking for more information on the Winchester 88 lever guns customized by Rogue River Rifle Works circa 2000.

I've heard Craig Boddington may have written a piece for Double Gun Journal, but can't find it. Anybody here familiar with where I might find published write ups on these rifles?
You may mean the article from Guns & Ammo May 1997. I believe there is a similar article from a “Recent” Rifle Shooter.
Let me know when you have these copied and I’ll pull them down and add the Frank DeHaas article on remodeling the Model 88..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

TAG
Thanks for posting. That was an interesting read
I will take it down and put up the de Haas article.
I still believe there is a Rifleshooter article. I'll look around for it.

Frank de Haas wrote this one for the February 1961 issue of Guns & Ammo.
I have separated the picture page somehow.

I hate it when a writer includes photos of "custom" guns, and doesn't state it. Too many yoots believe that's the way the gun really looked.
All I can say, my 88 traveled quite a few few miles in a scabbard as factory,and killed more than a few deer and elk. I did glass bed it and did some smoothing up of the action
it seems to me that one of the gunheads here on the fire has or had a Rogue River 88 in 7MM08. Many years ago though, I might be wrong
I remember he shot his Wyoming Shiras moose with it. Ironically I just saw an article in the October Game and Fish West magazine where he referenced it. It was this rifle that inspired me to build my own 88 in 358 win. I rebarreled one in gunsmith school over 10 years ago. I got busy and never quote finished it. I shut down my home shop a couple years ago and am working through my stack of personal projects. I hope to finally get the stock carved out for it this winter.
Guns & Ammo: The Winchester Model 88 by Craig Boddington - Oct 2023

Gun-Tests.com - Working the Winchester 88 by estaff - Oct 2010

leeroysramblings.com - Winchester model 88 & 100 Information

leeroysramblings.com - Winchester Model 88 Gun Parts Illustration

Gunsmithing Disassembly: Winchester Model 88 (.308) Part 1 (Gunworks)

Gunsmithing Disassembly: Winchester Model 88 (.308) Part 2 (Gunworks)
Does anybody still do performance work on the model 88s? I've got a 284 that is in desperate need of a trigger job.
Interesting, I remember reading that article and deciding I needed a custom stock for my rode hard Model 88.’I called and emailed Rogue River but never heard back from them, so ended up just getting my stock refinished…… probably saved me quite a bit of $$$$.
I used Neil jones for BLR trigger work. Talking with him on the phone he said he also did model 88s trigger work.
Thanks Angus, I have sent him an email. Will follow up with his response and the results if he decides to work on mine.
Let minnow how it goes!

I got a few that would benefit from Neil’s work.

He sure did great work on the BLRs I sent him.
© 24hourcampfire