Home
Posted By: Motown Chiappa 1892 44 mag? - 01/24/24
In the market for a new 44 lever gun and have been looking at the Chiappa Alaskan takedown model. Never owned a Chiappa and don’t know anyone that has either, so I am trying to find out if anyone here has any feedback on Chiappa lever guns in general?

Was also looking at the Henry X which is a little heavier and not sure the Chiappa is worth the extra$. Held a Henry X last week and it seemed pretty solid and well built.
Posted By: Motown Re: Chiappa 1892 44 mag? - 01/25/24
Any feedback on Chiappa?
Posted By: RAM Re: Chiappa 1892 44 mag? - 02/12/24
I just bought a second gen. Wildlands T/D. Not a lot of range time yet. Seems decent quality. Milled and machined not stampings and sheetmetal. Henry's are nice too, a tad heavier.
What action do you prefer really , 92 or 94
Posted By: RAM Re: Chiappa 1892 44 mag? - 02/12/24
I posted in more detail on the Chiappa 'bout 12 hrs. Back
Posted By: Motown Re: Chiappa 1892 44 mag? - 02/17/24
I appreciate the feedback Ram
Posted By: New_Flint Re: Chiappa 1892 44 mag? - 02/18/24
I have one. It cycles smoothly and functions reliably. The metal fit and finish is refined and very good. I believe it has plated parts and is not all stainless. The stock is rubber coated wood. It takes down easily and the factory sights are fiber optic.
I have new production Henry, Rossi and Winchester models to compare it to and it seems to be the smoothest cycling of them but the Henry is slick too. The main difference in them however is the fit to the shooter, the stock dimensions are all different.
If you don’t mind slicking up a Rossi, they are hard to beat for the money.
Posted By: RAM Re: Chiappa 1892 44 mag? - 02/19/24
They are Ceracoat finished or Blued steel. Color case? Not sure but would guess spray on like Ruger and other's.
© 24hourcampfire